USB connection cuts in and out

Tried two cables and got the same result. When connecting to my Macbook pro Via USB the sound/connection cuts out. I tested it by playing music though my mac. At first i thought it was the cable because if i wiggled the connector connected on the Axes side the music would cut in and out. I tried another cable that fit more firmly in the usb port but same problem. So i figured that maybe the axes usb jack was loose but it feels solid, something obviously has a loose connection? anyone else dealt with this?

I spent about an hour trying to update the firmware because the connection kept getting lost, finally timed it right and running 3.02 but it was a major pain.

died u use the latest usb drivers ? also u could try using a windows pc and look whether it keeps happening or not

died u use the latest usb drivers ? also u could try using a windows pc and look whether it keeps happening or not

This may not relate to you at all, but I have two windows PC's and with one I'm have all kinds of USB problems...audio basically doesn't work and I periodically lose my MIDI connection to Axe Edit. My system hangs at various times when trying to set up my audio preferences and even some times when trying to bring up Axe Edit.

I have a netbook that so far has been working fine. On the "bad" PC, I've upgraded to Win 7 on a completely new hard drive and still have problems. Not sure what to do with that so I'm going to start all over...even to download the driver again since I did a fresh download (of the same driver) on the netbook.

Like I said, may not have anything to do with your issues, but figured I'd mention it just in case.

Not sure if it's related, but on a Mac, I get periodic really brief (1 sec) dropouts, maybe every 15 minutes or so. For recording I keep the Axe plugged into an RME interface and avoid the issue. For patch editing and non crucial sound, I'll use the USB.

Looks like it was the top pin connectors on the axe fxs usb input. one of them was pushed down so when i pushed the cable down it would connect. i used a small tooth pick and just gently pulled them back out.. all is well now. that was weird.

My unit still has a blown pixel and the usb is still cutting in and out. Talked with Customer Service and explained my situation and need the unit by the 5th of January when i head out for a tour. They explained they couldnt guarantee the unit back by that time with a repair but they will try to turn around asap. I asked if they would be willing to just replace it so i would for sure have it in time but was turned down because there "really is not enough of a reason to replace". As a touring and session guitarist this is an issue for me especially since i am not even home longer than a few weeks at a time and the Axe FX is the bread and butter of my rig right now. Also for only having the unit for a few months a dead pixel/intermitted USB sort of worries me as this is the only thing in my rig production didnt cover and i actually forked out the money myself. Regardless i sent it out today, mind you having to pay for 70$ shipping (i guess thats not covered under warranty?)..

Back
Top Bottom