USB communication error

blearyeyes

Inspired
I though this was worth a double post as I could not find anything while previously searching.

I recently picked up an older AXE-FXll Mark ll with MFC-101 mklll. running a mid 2010 Mac pro with os x 10.12.x High Sierra updated today June 14 2018 and latest logicX. The previous owner while flashing the MFC101 ( or I somehow did ) switched the I/O MIDI setting “usb adaptor mode” in the FXll to ON.

This caused AXE Edit to lose communication, have slow transfers, create multiple presets with the same settings when transferring several at a time and while saving in Manage, cause axe-edit to go into communication pause mode when putting logic into play, caused the stereo out of logic to show up with the processed guitar signal at the headphones while monitoring output one on the fxll? I was also getting the $$$$$$$ display on the MFC after booting. While generally working, when only editing one preset at a time, it randomly was losing communication and forcing a reboot of the FXll to re-establish communication.

One wrong midi configuration setting was wreaking havoc across the entire system. So check the midi setting in i/o /midi/usb adaptor mode/ and set it to OFF. This stabilized my system, doubled the communication speed, and all of the myriad of above symptoms seem to be CLEARED....

I hope this helps someone!

Last edited:
Update: still drops communication occasionally ...
Update to the Update: doesn't seem to drop anymore since I posted that it drops.
Probably due to AXE-EDIT being embarrassed by the first update post.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom