USB B (Axe-Fx III) to USB C (computer) cable works fine

yek

Contact Fractal for your Custom Title
Just want to inform you that a USB C (computer) to USB B (Axe-Fx III) cable works fine with the Axe-Fx III and a MacBook. This was not always the case with other products so far. It makes for an easy connection.

These cables are not easy to find. Mine is made by Belkin and I had to order it online.

IMG_1278.JPG

Last edited:
Thanks for the heads up. I had been using a C to A dongle and then a regular A to B cable to my AX8. It worked fine but I haven't gotten around to trying it with the III. I need grab one of those C to B cables so I can ditch the dongle.

Reactions: yek
Not easy to find? o_O They’re plentiful on Amazon and I haven’t found anything that doesn’t work with mine. Although I have not tried it with my II. Nice to get a confirmation though.

It's a MacBook thing probably. Connection between AX8 / FX8 / Axe-Fx II and MacBook USB C does not work, at least not without an adapter inbetween.

We haven't got Amazon in The Netherlands and almost no shop carries these cables.

It's a MacBook thing probably. Connection between AX8 / FX8 / Axe-Fx II and MacBook USB C does not work, at least not without an adapter inbetween.

We haven't got Amazon in The Netherlands and almost no shop carries these cables.
I have two Macbooks Pros with the touchbar/USBC. No issues with those cables. Like I said, I haven't tried with my II, though. Glad they work. Might be the brand/drivers/etc... My Atomic Amplifire works with it. ;) Several audio interfaces work with it, HDDs, etc. They're super useful for MBP owners I have gone to USBC-><whatever I am trying to connect cables> in general. Initially I had a bunch of USBC->USB2 dongles but am finding those less useful over time which is nice.

I wish we didn't have Amazon here. It would save so much money.

Reactions: yek
You caught me. My grand scheme to confuse people about the whole USB thing has failed. ;-)

Anyway, google MacBook and USB-C. Lots of issues with 2016 MacBooks / USB C peripherals not working.
Glad it is working for you.

That's good to hear -- I've been using a USB/Displayport adapter (USB-C to comp, provides 2 USB-B ports and a Displayport Female plug). The audio coming out of the connection has constant pops and clicks, even with the USB Buffer size up to 2048. I would really hate to need to take up three USB-C ports with individual plugs, but the pops and clicks are really getting to me =(

That's good to hear -- I've been using a USB/Displayport adapter (USB-C to comp, provides 2 USB-B ports and a Displayport Female plug). The audio coming out of the connection has constant pops and clicks, even with the USB Buffer size up to 2048. I would really hate to need to take up three USB-C ports with individual plugs, but the pops and clicks are really getting to me =(

Connected via displayport adapter??? I'm honestly amazed it works at all.

Update: I purchased a USB-C to USB-B cable and directly hooked it up -- still have the same pops and clicks. Might need to open a ticket -- weird thing is that I don't get the same issue with my 5 year old PC =( Apple used to have the best audio drivers in the biz and now...not so sure...

Just want to inform you that a USB C (computer) to USB B (Axe-Fx III) cable works fine with the Axe-Fx III and a MacBook. This was not always the case with other products so far. It makes for an easy connection.

These cables are not easy to find. Mine is made by Belkin and I had to order it online.

View attachment 46234
Been using this since day one. You can find then on amazon.de and shipping is very quick in EU...

@yek, how do you connect the Axe to your computer with this cable? The manual states ,"Important: If you are using a USB-C to USB adapter on a newer Apple computer, always plug the USB-C end ofthe adapter into a USB-C or Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) port on your Mac first, and then connect the USB cable of your Axe-Fx III to the adapter."

So are you connecting the USB-C end to your computer, then connecting the USB-B end to the Axe?

I'd like to use this type of solution, but the back of my Axe isn't super easy to access to accommodate this process.

Same question others have asked: do you need to plug the USB-C end in first, as when using the adapter?

I used to use an adapter, now I have the C-B cable. Always plug into my Mac last and never an issue with either the cable or the adapter. I have the MacBook Pro with only USB C ports.

Back
Top Bottom