USB Audio with Axe Mark II

Rafone

It seems that if I am only plugged into the Windows PC with USB then anything audio that I play in the PC plays through the Axe. But if playing my guitar there is no USB signal from the Axe to the PC.
Is there away to get the Axe to send my guitar to the PC audio...or do I have to go through Pro tools or something?

tia
rafone

Last edited:
Simplest solution is to monitor directly from the Axe II or connect the Axe's analog output to the line in on your PC for monitoring.

Windows can only support one active audio device at a time. You can use ASIO4ALL to create a bridge between the Axe II driver and your PC's audio driver. You would then select ASIO4ALL as the active Windows audio device and you'd be able to use inputs and outputs from both at the same time (input from the Axe II and Output to the PC Audio). The trade off is ASIO4ALL will add a bit of latency.

Last edited:
Simplest solution is to monitor directly from the Axe II or connect the Axe's analog output to the line in on your PC for monitoring.

Windows can only support one active audio device at a time. You can use ASIO4ALL to create a bridge between the Axe II driver and your PC's audio driver. You would then select ASIO4ALL as the active Windows audio device and you'd be able to use inputs and outputs from both at the same time (input from the Axe II and Output to the PC Audio). The trade off is ASIO4ALL will add a bit of latency.
So I can send audio from Windows to the Axe but the Axe can't send audio data to windows via USB? Is that correct?

No. The Axe II sends 4 channels of audio to the PC. USB Inputs 1 and 2 are the processed left and right signals from the grid and USB Inputs 3 and 4 are the dry left and right input signals (front panel instrument input or rear panel inputs). The Axe II receives 2 channels of audio back from the PC, USB Outputs 1 and 2.

Are you trying to record on your PC or just monitor using the PC's sound card?

I have the Axe hooked up to a Win 10 tablet via USB.
I can record, and monitor what was recorded while I overdub.
Pretty simple.
As long as the Axe is setup in your DAW as the audio device.

If you want to monitor from the PC's sound card, you'll need to use ASIO4ALL. Windows cannot natively take input from one audio device and send output to a different audio device. It can only use one active audio driver at a time. The ASIO4ALL driver allows you to combine inputs and outputs from multiple audio device drivers.

Alternatively, if your PC uses external powered speakers, plug them in to the Axe II's outputs instead of the PC's sound card.

It seems that if I am only plugged into the Windows PC with USB then anything audio that I play in the PC plays through the Axe. But if playing my guitar there is no USB signal from the Axe to the PC.
Is there away to get the Axe to send my guitar to the PC audio...or do I have to go through Pro tools or something?

tia
rafone

The axe is an audio interface when you connect via USB, what are you trying to do, exactly.

Back
Top Bottom