USB Audio Output Goes Bitcrushed After Extended Use?

Dude - how did you say all of that without taking a breath? Can you do circular breathing like Kenny G?

On a serious note, I am running a MacBook Pro I7 and have never gotten the bit crusher sound, but every once in awhile the latency will go to 2-3 seconds or more. I will play a passage, take my guitar off, and put it on the stand, and I will then hear the passage I just played. The only way to fix it is to reboot LOGIC 9 and the Axe. I don't rely on recording or guitar to make my living, so when it happens about once every 4-5 times I sit for an evening to tinker with recording, I just save my work, and reboot. I am a little concerned to read that this doesn't have with Windows machines, as I took the plunge and switched to Mac about 18 months ago, which was about 6 months before i purchased my Axe II.

I just upgraded my Mac memory from 4 to 16 RAM, but I haven't tried to record anything since doing this. So, I don't know if the increase in RAM would appease and rectify this tendency to fail after 45mins to an hour like the guys have reported.

PS - no punctuation was harmed during this post.

Hi! I'm running a very similar setup and I find that I can reset the latency back to where it should be, without having to reboot logic.

I usually have my logic buffer set to 32 samples, so when the axe goes strange, I just toggle to 64 samples in the drop down menu in preferences, and then immediately switch back to 32 samples so the 'apply changes' button is no longer greyed out. Once I've clicked 'apply changes' (takes about 3 seconds) the axefx is back where is should be.

Not that this by any means is a fix, but it takes 5 seconds to do, rather than the 30 it takes to reboot logic. Let me know if this works for you too!

It also works for me, thank you (I use 256 samples for buffer size with a recording delay of -720 samples).
But my main configuration is using Axe Fx as Input and a M-AUDIO Fastrask Ultra 8r for output, and problems resolved. No more bitcrushing.

Back
Top Bottom