• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

Bug? USB Audio Interface - no sound (Linux)

WannabeRocker

Hi,

I hope this is the right subforum for my question.

As the title suggests I have an issue with the audio-interface part of my FM3.
My computer/OS recognizes the interface and I can see (jack/ardour) the 4 channels - problem is I can get no signal from anyone of those.

Everything else is working fine - patching the USB through to a Windows-WM works with FM3-Edit without any issue.
Sadly I have now DAW available for Windows but I installed the drivers in the VM and there too there seems to be no signals.

Maybe it has something to do with how I connected my studio monitors (I had no XLR cables around so I connected them via Output 2 and set the "copy to Output 2" of Output 1 in the settings.

I played around with the digital-output/USB settings but I just cannot get any signal.

Sadly I have no machine with native Windows nor a MAC around I could try but people seem to claim that this is a default-USB-Audio Interface and should work (I have other audio-interfaces and none have issues).

So I'm wondering if the unit is broken or if there are some tricks I could try.

Does anyone have some hints for me?

WannabeRocker

Update:

the Interface shows in the system - and on a newer system (Manjaro / rolling release) the output over the FM3 works as intended - sadly the output does not - recording levels on the FM3 shows "activity".

Same with Android: it's recognized as a "headset" and the output works but sadly the input does neither (strange thing: for the output it routes channel 1 + 2 to Output 1 as described but here the "copy to Output 2" option does not include this external signal - it's only at Output 1 and the Phones).

I guess it's either not an default interface (other than claimed) or there is indeed some issue with mine.

Anybody here using Linux and got this working?

WannabeRocker

Sadly no - no luck yet (although I did not try it using newer kernels)

I do have a USB interface so I opted to connected the FM3 to it and use the interface in Linux ... I don't exactly like this solution but overall it's no big deal for me.
I enjoy the FM3 too much to sell it due to this issue (especially right now where most people probably want an FM9).

Top Bottom