USB Audio driver install problem: Error 116, Unsigned driver

RomanMtz

I cannot for the life of me figure out why drivers 168 for Windows (I'm using 8.1) are not installing. Everything was working great until I decided to uninstall previous driver versions that were installed together with 168. Once I tried to install 168 cleanly, no go. I keep getting Error 116. I tried everything: power cycles, different ports, uninstall everything from control panel and device manager, even delete all axe related files on system/drivers and everywhere else.

I tried updating the drivers in the control panel pointing it to the program files/axe directory and it updates them, but when I go into Ableton Live and try to choose the audio source (Axe FX ASIO) it gives me an error saying it can't open it.

Nothing... Once I clean everything and start form scratch, I even get the popup asking if I want to install unsigned drivers, I click yes, follow the instructions, and still get the error...

What can I do? I really don;t feel like formatting my computer just to get the axe to work... I tried searching to no avail...

Please help! Thanks!

Tried all that... no go...

Cleaned everything up, did the special reset with #7 (allow signed drivers), did the security thing, it asks me if I want to install signed driver, I say yes install anyway, and I still get the error... the bootloader installation stops at about 1/4 way through every time and the error pops up.

Ok so I have updated both drivers through the device manager, the one under Fractal Audio USB 2.0 Audio Devices -> Axe-FX II and the one under Sound, video and game controllers -> Axe-FX II Audio. Both of those work and I have sounds coming out of the axe through my CLR on the computer. But Live still can't use the ASIO driver. It detects the driver cause I can select it, but if I do, it pops up an error says can't open the audio device.

Can I just copy fasusbaudioasio_x64.dll from the axe folder to the system folder or somewhere or does it have to do with the bootloader not installing from the driver installation?

Does anyone know where I can get an older Windows 8 driver to try out? Tried googleing and could not find it. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom