usb adapter mode not working

zimdar

hey all, i was hoping you could help me figure out a problem i'm having:

i'm using an axefx mark2 (FW quantum 1.05) connected to my macbook pro (os 10.9.5) via usb. i'm using ableton live as my daw.

what i'm trying to do is send midi from an fcb1010 footpedal via a midi cable to the axefx, and have it pass through to the mac via usb so i don't need a midi interface.

i have usb adapter mode set to on. according to the manual and everything i've found in the forums, this is supposed to work.

the fcb1010 is working fine with the axefx. i can send program changes and CCs and it all works. but ableton is not getting the midi. i know i have ableton set up correctly - i'm sure of that.

midi monitor is showing the midi entering the mac, but it is "invalid". further inspection shows that the midi messages only have 2 bits instead of the normal 3.

i have tried using two other keyboards the same way through the axefx, and i have the same problem. however, if i connect the keyboard to the mac via usb, everything works fine (both with ableton and midi monitor), so something in the fractal must be causing the issue. i've even tried swapping out the cables, to no avail.

can anyone tell me if i missed something or is this a bug?

I'm trying to do something similar. I read on another thread about the invalid midi. Seems USB adapter mode doesn't like Macs, or vice versa.

I know this was a long time ago, but did you ever get this to work?

Back
Top Bottom