USB A Port Future Expansion

Robboman

Fractal Fanatic
The USB-A port can provide power if enabled. At this point the port is disabled and reserved for future expansion.
Anyone wanna speculate on this?

What sort of cool features are theoretically possible in future? USB flashdrives? WiFi adaptors?

I still hope for the ability to save your entire setup (system settings, firmware, presets, cabs) on a thumb drive, and load it into a different unit directly from the drive without the use of a computer.
IMO this feature is one of the reasons the Behringer X32 console became almost an industry standard. Touring bands export their entire show\mix to a USB stick, bring it on tour and load it into the venue's X32. Console dies before a show? Get a spare, load in show from USB and go.

If Fractal did that, eventually pros could fly to gigs with just a USB stick. The Fractal box would be just another item on the tech rider. Show production companies in each city only need to stock Fractals in their backline inventory, same as they stock other industry standard backline items like Marshall heads, 4x12 cabs, Fender Twins, Ampeg bass cabs, etc.

Two things we're considering:
1. Wi-Fi adapter for wireless editing.
2. Preset upload/download.
Definitely would love option of preset upload/download. With the ability to create and edit presets with Axe-Edit III, having the option to transfer presets via a flash drive rather than having to connect the FM3 to a computer just to load presets would be fantastic!

Two things we're considering:
1. Wi-Fi adapter for wireless editing.
2. Preset upload/download.
Wireless editing with app that allows for preset upload/download! :p I imagine the wireless option would be a lot more work to develop and support. Thank you for sharing the possibilities, and I’m looking forward to either option.

IMO this feature is one of the reasons the Behringer X32 console became almost an industry standard. Touring bands export their entire show\mix to a USB stick, bring it on tour and load it into the venue's X32. Console dies before a show? Get a spare, load in show from USB and go.

If Fractal did that, eventually pros could fly to gigs with just a USB stick. The Fractal box would be just another item on the tech rider. Show production companies in each city only need to stock Fractals in their backline inventory, same as they stock other industry standard backline items like Marshall heads, 4x12 cabs, Fender Twins, Ampeg bass cabs, etc.
I bring a USB drive with me to all gigs, which contains the X32 board save for our entire show. If the venue has an X32, I give it to FOH. If they have another board with recall, I have them save the board setup to my drive (I have a backup of the X32 on my laptop).

Back
Top Bottom