USB 3.0 compatibility

Leobas

The Axe Fx 2 works great for me when I plug it in any usb 2.0 port, however my machine has one usb 3.0 and when I connect it there, everything just dies. No music player wont even begin playing a song, youtube videos crash after 7 seconds, no audio whatsoever. I'm planning on buying a Macbook Pro with retina, and those only have usb 3.0. I re-installed the axefx usb setup and also the usb 3 driver for my computer, didnt work. Any help would be much appreciated, thanks.

Well, not really. USB 3.0 works fine here with my the AxeII. My laptop and my desktop- I am on Windows 8 though, are you guys on Macs?

I run Fractalbot and and AE on a Acer Iconia w700 Win8 64 bit with a 3.0 usb port, no problems. Seems your usb isn't working as it should. Drivers, cables and maybe jumpers ckecked?

I got one of the new macbook pros with USB 3.0 and I have the AxeII plugged into a usb multiplug and then out to the mac. No problems whatsoever so far.

my only pb on my hp z420 pc workstation under win7-64b is based on the axe asio driver' who don't running very well with usb3.0 but usb2.0 work's great.
Otherwise midi exchange with fractal bot and A.E, works great under usb3.0

Last edited:
It's good to hear that it is working with macs on usb 3.0. The issue has something to do with win7+asio+drivers, but it's relieving to know it works on usb 3.0. Thanks guys.

Back
Top Bottom