USB 1/2 to out 1 and out 2

floydrose

Inspired
Hello being French and not speaking English I allow myself to copy AXIEN's other message because that's what I would also like
""Thank you

Please tell me if this is possible

Hi all,

I'm new here, so forgive me if this is a noob question but I've looked pretty hard and haven't found a good answer yet.

I'm trying to replace my audio interface with the Axe-FX III so that I don't have to purchase a separate mixer. Yes, I understand that the Axe-FX III is not a mixer but if there is any way to make this work, that would save me a few hundred dollars at minimum.

Desired outcome: Play global Windows audio through both Output 1 and Output 2.

I have a set of headphones plugged into the front panel (Out 1) and a set of monitors plugged into Out 2 in the back panel. USB cable is going from my computer to Axe-Fx III.

I want the USB Audio from Windows to go to Output 1 AND Output 2 so that I can control headphone and studio monitor volume independently.

I would think that turning on Copy Output 1 in Output 2's audio settings would mirror Output 1 to Output 2, but this seems to not be the case as I'm not getting any audio coming through to the studio monitors (yes, the front panel Out 2 knob is turned up).

Upon further investigation it seems that the USB audio has two "sets" of channels, 1/2 and 3/4. I see that you can choose between 1/2 -> Out1, 3/4 -> Out2 or 1/2 -> Out2, 3/4 -> Out1, but cannot send channels 1/2 to BOTH Out1 and Out2.

Is there any way to mirror all audio from Output 1 to Output 2 so that I can adjust headphone and speaker volume independently without running through a mixer first?

Hello being French and not speaking English I allow myself to copy AXIEN's other message because that's what I would also like
""Thank you

Please tell me if this is possible
There is a global setting that allows Output 2 to duplicate what is on Output 1. Maybe that will override the USB 3/4 -> Out 2 and give you what you want?

Dommage de ne pas avoir de réponses expliquant pourquoi cette possibilité n'est pas présente par exemple que ce n'est pas possible ou ce n'est pas une priorité ;)

Last edited:
That's exactly the feature I miss from AXE FX3, I was about to create a post for that in the wish forum.

Folks at FAS: does this requires only a SW change or must it go through HW as well?

Back
Top Bottom