USA or China by serial number

Status
Not open for further replies.
Admin M@,Oct 27, 2016:
"In an effort to reduce costs and improve availability, we have moved final assembly of this product to China."

Is there a way that I can look up where my ax8 was put together according to the serial number on it?

Oh, is that so?
So if I have nothing written on the back that related to the assembly country than it is a USA built...

Does it not say so on the box?
Mine say made in USA on the end. I asume the MIC will say Made in China.

Does it not say so on the box?
Mine say made in USA on the end. I asume the MIC will say Made in China.

Yes, it's on written on my box also.

25366840629_d73073409f_z.jpg

mmmm this got me wondering, mine doesn't say made in the US it's blacked out, i bought it back in June, before it was announced they were going to be made in China and the price drop...
IMG_3875.JPG IMG_3876.JPG

You know, as long as I have been here. I get that how it sounds, how it is physically,blah, blah blah should be all that matters. But because I stopped at this thread I looked at the box the ax8 came in...I was\am bummed. The first one I had, at the beginning of the AX8 release was Made in USA. I sent it back to keep my XL+.This one is the Designed in USA. I have owned every AxeFX made except the FX8. From Ultra thru to XL+. All USA.
I am truly saddened to find this out today.
So now, there is a lower price? Hmmmm......

Interesting - from the post it would read as if it was from that date on, but it seems like China made units have been floating around for some months before?

Any reports on units sounding more oriental than others?

Last edited:
The unit I have I think I received back in either may or June can't remember.

Probably splitting hairs here but the boxes that have (Made in the USA) printed on them are not really correct. Shouldn't they have said (Assembled in the USA)?

FAS had posted early on that all of the hard parts are made in China and that they would be assembling and testing before shipping here in the U.S.

Most if not all of the new cars that you see for sale today, they brake down by percentage where all of the parts are made and show location of assembly on the sticker.

Maybe there was a complaint about the made in USA statements and
The unit I have I think I received back in either may or June can't remember.

Probably splitting hairs here but the boxes that have (Made in the USA) printed on them are not really correct. Shouldn't they have said (Assembled in the USA)?

FAS had posted early on that all of the hard parts are made in China and that they would be assembling and testing before shipping here in the U.S.

Most if not all of the new cars that you see for sale today, they brake down by percentage where all of the parts are made and show location of assembly on the sticker.

IIRC Cliff also said that the motherboard and its electronic parts were put together in the USA.

Maybe there was a complaint about the made in USA statements and

IIRC Cliff also said that the motherboard and its electronic parts were put together in the USA.

Yes that goes without arguing, but all of those parts weren't made in the U.S. so Assembled should have been the chosen verbiage again maybe splitting hairs but a lot of people seem to be concerned as to where their magic box was made / assembled.

I bought mine in June 2016. The outside box had Made in the USA but the inside box was blacked out. Hmmmm.....

mmmm this got me wondering, mine doesn't say made in the US it's blacked out, i bought it back in June, before it was announced they were going to be made in China and the price drop...
View attachment 36171 View attachment 36172

The blacked out ones are Made in USA. The boxes say Made in China in anticipation of the changeover so we had to black that out.

The used market will quickly decided if people are willing to pay extra for a MIA Ax. I personal would not be willing to pay more

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom