USA Lead 1

its a really good sounding clip, but to be honest the drums struck me more than the guitar tone. Maybe up the post eq to amp the guitar a little bit maybe? I don't know.

Clark Kent said:
Cool how your Mark IV clip sounds nothing like my Mark IV patch. :) How much did you scoop the mids?

Mids scooped pretty heavy. Two parametric EQs, the first before the amp, the second after the cabinet. 300-750 Hz carved out, slight boost at 140-180, narrow peak at 2 kHz.

matt15f said:
its a really good sounding clip, but to be honest the drums struck me more than the guitar tone. Maybe up the post eq to amp the guitar a little bit maybe? I don't know.

Yes, the drums is most vulnerable part. It's BFD2. Been trying to do something good sounding but failed :roll:

Or you mean they're good? :?:

Chronograph said:
Clark Kent said:
Cool how your Mark IV clip sounds nothing like my Mark IV patch. :) How much did you scoop the mids?

Mids scooped pretty heavy. Two parametric EQs, the first before the amp, the second after the cabinet. 300-750 Hz carved out, slight boost at 140-180, narrow peak at 2 kHz.

If you want my opinion: the tone is OK but it sounds a bit "weird". Weirdness is not always bad since some people might think your tone is new/modern but some might say it's bad. The best tip in EQing is to cut narrow and boost broad. This way you are making the tone better instead of completely changing it with EQ. I'm guessing you're a fan of JP? :) Your tone is a bit like his tone but he is known to scoop almost too much... guess what.. you scoop more than he does! :D Nice clean tapping on that Stiletto song!

Clark Kent said:
Chronograph said:
[quote="Clark Kent":2zsk6whp]If you want my opinion: the tone is OK but it sounds a bit "weird". Weirdness is not always bad since some people might think your tone is new/modern but some might say it's bad. The best tip in EQing is to cut narrow and boost broad. This way you are making the tone better instead of completely changing it with EQ. I'm guessing you're a fan of JP? :) Your tone is a bit like his tone but he is known to scoop almost too much... guess what.. you scoop more than he does! :D Nice clean tapping on that Stiletto song!
[/quote:2zsk6whp]

Thanks.

I am a big fan of JP's music, not the sound. He's got way too much mids :lol: :lol:

There's a really weird preset in my Axe (firmware 7.13) called Master of Puppets. No mids at all. Literally. I adore it. Problem is it doesn't sit in the mix at all.

Back
Top Bottom