USA IIC+

While I am sure this amp is modeled accurately, I just can’t seem to find anything that I personally like about it. So far, with most other amps I can get something usable or if not my thing I can at least respect what it does... is it just me? Am I missing something?

U aren't putting the knobs in the right combination

What do u want to make it sound like? Laser beam? Chain saw? Broken DSL100? Bassman? Bulldozer? Kitten? It does all of that.
And you sir are correct!

In the 20 minutes or so since I posted, I abandoned the original factory preset with it’s 4 or 5 scenes and ambled over to my AustinBuddy Naked Amps presets with the same amp and they sound nothing alike! Much, much better. Wow that factory preset was just not for me. I just wrote over it with the AB Naked Amp version.

Nice lesson for me. Never judge an amp by it’s factory preset.

Nothing to see here boys... nothing to see!

And you sir are correct!

In the 20 minutes or so since I posted, I abandoned the original factory preset with it’s 4 or 5 scenes and ambled over to my AustinBuddy Naked Amps presets with the same amp and they sound nothing alike! Much, much better. Wow that factory preset was just not for me. I just wrote over it with the AB Naked Amp version.

Nice lesson for me. Never judge an amp by it’s factory preset.

Nothing to see here boys... nothing to see!
That's one of those amps, like the carvin x-100b that has sensitive knobs and has MANY tones.

While I am sure this amp is modeled accurately, I just can’t seem to find anything that I personally like about it. So far, with most other amps I can get something usable or if not my thing I can at least respect what it does... is it just me? Am I missing something?

The Mesa mark series is heavily dependent on using that 5 band EQ. I thought they were horrible amps at first, but everyone kept raving about them. I eventually found out about that pre-power amp EQ and it is 100% integral to making that amp sound good. Once you do have it set up though, it is an absolute magical amp. It went from literally being my least favorite amp of all time to my absolute favorite.

Also, whenever in doubt- consult Yek's amp guide. He has detailed all the amps as of April of 2017 and explained how they all react and there is TONS of useful information about every amp and how to make them sound good. You can get it here if you sign up for a drop box account- https://www.dropbox.com/s/8fvjvrqnryihp86/Yeks_Guide_to_the_Fractal_Audio_Amp_Models.pdf#

Switching tonestacks in that amp can really help too.
I used to do that with my XL+.
I'm not a 100% sure but if I recall correctly the USA Rhy tonestack sounds pretty good!
Also don't overlook the IIC++ because it's killer!

Switching tonestacks in that amp can really help too.
I used to do that with my XL+.
I'm not a 100% sure but if I recall correctly the USA Rhy tonestack sounds pretty good!
Also don't overlook the IIC++ because it's killer!
Does the IIC++ go to 11? Maybe even 12?
Ha!
Will do... Thanks for the tips Sir!

Honestly, I much prefer the IIC++ and USA Pre Yellow (Triaxis IIC+) over the actual IIC+. Maybe that's just my preference. :)

think most folk here prefer the IIC++ and triaxis to the IIC+ model.
I haven't listened to the Triaxis yellow model in a while, but do like the IIC++. Its not as woolly and woofy as a lot of the other Mesa models. More focused and tighter.

The IIC++ is INSANE, easily one of my favourite amp models. You may find this video useful regarding the mark series amps.

I tried the C++ gated verb preset from axechange. I’m getting any effect when I turn on the multi delay block.

triaxis models always seems a lot smoother. It's a lot easier to screw up dialing a IIC+... triaxis lead 2 yellow sounds good all over the place. The amp has a crunch to it, high-mids clicky buzz the triaxis doesn't have as much of

Back
Top Bottom