USA IIC+ VS USA Pre LD2 YLW

Mark IV

Okay so clearly the USA IIC+ is modeled after the Mesa Boogie mk IIC+, but the USA Pre LD2 YLW is modeled after the Triaxis yellow, which in the triaxis manual is the mk IIC+.

I'm about to compare the two later on tonight when I'm near all of my equipment, but that just got me thinking, are they both modeled after the same amp? There has to be some differences. Kind of strange that the axe models the triaxis models because those just model the real amps… That would be like the Axe FX modeling a Kemper 5150 and a real 5150 as well. That's just how I'm seeing it.

Anyways, just give some input if you've tried out both. Can't wait to later on!

It-s not the same as I think the triaxis has no PA section.
Played them both. I love the Mark IIC+ but I can't find a sue for the triaxis.

Update, tried out both with the same exact settings. The triaxis seems to have a bit more gain and presence while the actual IIC+ model (both normal and bright) have more low end. Not sure how that works out because I've never owned either, but it'd be cool to learn more about these two if someone has!

The sonic difference you're hearing might have something to do with the fact that the Triaxis is just a preamp, whereas the MKIIC+ is the complete package. The Triaxis in the Axe Fx is modeling the Triaxis preamp as well as some power amp, probably a Mesa Boogie 2:90 or a VHT tube power amp or something. That might account for some subtle differences. As for the difference in gain levels, those can vary from amp to amp anyways, so it's no surprise that two units differ on the same settings. Just something to consider.

The sonic difference you're hearing might have something to do with the fact that the Triaxis is just a preamp, whereas the MKIIC+ is the complete package. The Triaxis in the Axe Fx is modeling the Triaxis preamp as well as some power amp, probably a Mesa Boogie 2:90 or a VHT tube power amp or something. That might account for some subtle differences. As for the difference in gain levels, those can vary from amp to amp anyways, so it's no surprise that two units differ on the same settings. Just something to consider.

Yeah, it didn't even phase me to think about the power amp section for some reason! That's a very good point.

According to this, the PA of the Triaxis-model in the Axe-FX II is modeled after the VHT 2/50/2.

Thanks for that link man. I was thinking it would be a 2:90, but I guess Cliff preferred the VHT stuff! Still sounded killer.

Back
Top Bottom