USA IIC+ any suggestions for g2 to g3 conversion?

CHSTD

Inspired
Hi,

I was using fw 18.07 and i didn't update the device because i can't recreate my G2 USA IIC+ presets with G3'd models.

Today i installed Quantum fw and i really need help for my presets.

For example: i have a preset with USA IIC+ Norm and with the new USA IIC+ Brt/Dp model i choose Short Plate tube type and the tones still aren't the same.

I am not sure which one is the same model with G2 ones.. Can anyone help me? Or should i reinstall the 18.07 back that i was happy with?

You selected wrong model for Having USA IIC+ Norm, this is models in Quantum :

USA IIC+: Pull Bright off, Pull Deep off.
USA IIC+ Bright: Pull Bright on, Pull Deep off.
USA IIC+ Deep: Pull Bright off, Pull Deep on.
USA IIC+ Brt/Dp: Pull Bright on, Pull Deep on.

I'm not sure bud I think you have to select USA IIC+ not USA IIC+ Brt/Dp if you want to have USA IIC+ Norm, select 12AX7A in Pre Tube Type parameter section and 6L6/5881 or EL84/65Q5 or Ideal Pentode for power tube type, Turn Bright N FAT switch off, select pre for EQ Location in EQ Tab of amp block, set a V form EQ for that, use Mikko advice for SPKR Tab of amp block, adjust your desire Input drive and Overdrive as well then go for KING (MV) and see what happen !.

You selected wrong model for Having USA IIC+ Norm, this is models in Quantum :

USA IIC+: Pull Bright off, Pull Deep off.
USA IIC+ Bright: Pull Bright on, Pull Deep off.
USA IIC+ Deep: Pull Bright off, Pull Deep on.
USA IIC+ Brt/Dp: Pull Bright on, Pull Deep on.

I'm not sure bud I think you have to select USA IIC+ not USA IIC+ Brt/Dp if you want to have USA IIC+ Norm, select 12AX7A in Pre Tube Type parameter section and 6L6/5881 or EL84/65Q5 or Ideal Pentode for power tube type, Turn Bright N FAT switch off, select pre for EQ Location in EQ Tab of amp block, set a V form EQ for that, use Mikko advice for SPKR Tab of amp block, adjust your desire Input drive and Overdrive as well then go for KING (MV) and see what happen !.

The speaker page in the amp block. I'm not 100% sure but I think those settings match the combo and not a 4x12. I could be wrong. Anyways... I set the low res freq to like 105hz and put the amount to 5. Q at 2.

Thanks for the suggestions.I am trying now..

This is a short recording of my preset, i have done what you suggested but unfortunately the result is as you can hear above, before and after...

Last edited:
Uhm... Yeah, it doesn't sound right. I'll check the IIc+

BTW, you can edit your post and embed the soundcloud clip using [_SOUNDCLOUD] at the begining and [_/SOUNDCLOUD] at the end of the clip. (remove the _ inside the brackets)

Very big difference for both of those clips like i was thinking if those are G2 and G3 ,would be nice to hear if you can get that G3 model sounding close to that G2 model share some clip if that will happened some point.

This is a short recording of my preset, i have done what you suggested but unfortunately the result is as you can hear above, before and after...

Very big difference for both of those clips like i was thinking if those are G2 and G3 ,would be nice to hear if you can get that G3 model sounding close to that G2 model share some clip if that will happened some point.

Hi Dimebucker, thanks for your answer,

Yes the the first one is G2 and the second one is G3 version of the same preset in the recording. Unfortunately i couldn't make it sound the same as G2 one...All of the G3 USA IIC+ models sound a little weird especially on mid frequences..

I hope someone help me otherwise i need to turn back to 18.07 to be able to use all of my USA IIC+ presets.

Yeah i was thinking first to be G2 and second G3 after listening those both clips ,i have not hear yet any clips for G3 model that are similar like G2 that why i was thinking if you can get close enough share some clip. Now listening again that your clip somehow i hear there is big difference for that 5-band EQ ,sounds like that G3 version do not have 5-band EQ engage or it have very different settings compare to tha G2 model.

Lets hope someone can help you and you find to way get more close to that G2 if you are looking for it ,or like you did say turn back to 18.07 is way then if you do not want loose that tone and keep all like it was before.

Hi Dimebucker, thanks for your answer,

Yes the the first one is G2 and the second one is G3 version of the same preset in the recording. Unfortunately i couldn't make it sound the same as G2 one...All of the G3 USA IIC+ models sound a little weird especially on mid frequences..

I hope someone help me otherwise i need to turn back to 18.07 to be able to use all of my USA IIC+ presets.

Believe me or not but they both have the same 5 band eq settings on the amp block...is there any possibility of something transfered incorrect while creating G3 version of the model?

Maybe Cliff would check and help us,

This is my result with USA IIC+ Brt/Dp :

to me your clips isn't good even first one, you're doing something wrong... post a full screen shot of your amp block tabs, also cab block, bud before doing this, reinstall fw with another browser, chrome or Internet Explorer, change USB port and change USB Cable as well

Last edited:
I see check also then if that 5-band EQ is set to same way like G2 did have after poweramp or between preamp and poweramp ,not sure did that 18.07 have option to choose 5-band EQ locations because that feature did come few Firmware:s back definitely check that first.

Believe me or not but they both have the same 5 band eq settings on the amp block...is there any possibility of something transfered incorrect while creating G3 version of the model?

Maybe Cliff would check and help us,

True screen shots for CHSTD:s preset would be help a lot to see things ,if there is some feature engage or not which did come after that 18.07. I don`t see any bad sounding things or issue for that CHSTD compare clip ,my ears first one sounds some kind of nice Metallica style of tone which is nice imo. Thing is only that G2 and G3 are not same thing anymore what i have hear for different users clips ,there need to tweak things if want to get that old G2 style of tone but like we all know its big journey its not happening fast.

This is my result with USA IIC+ Brt/Dp :

to me your clips isn't good even first one, you're doing something wrong... post a full screen shoot of your amp block tabs, also cab block, bud before doing this, reinstall fw with another browser, chrome or Internet Explorer, change USB port and change USB Cable as well

Nice you did throw there screen shots lets hope someone can check those out now ,i`m even older Firmware right now than that 18.07 is that why i can not help for those settings if there is some new features or switches. And good you did try that 5 band EQ location also there ,that was first thing what i was thinking its good to check. Its still too far away when listening that your new clip it was not that 5-band EQ location for sure ,very different tones still only way is now hope that someone can help you to get there.

The eq has selected as 'post' on the first comparison recording and i changed it now to pre and rerecorded the G3 version but nothing is similar with the G2 one...

Axe-Change - Download Preset - Petrucci Rhythm - by canerakcil

Thanks everyone for your supports...

@dimebucker thanks man i hope so..you helped a lot , i still keep some of your tonematches (ada/triaxis/john p.)

Sure i hope you get answer or some kind of solution what you are looking for there ,its always good to keep you`r personal old tone if there is some kind of chance.

Thanks everyone for your supports...

@dimebucker thanks man i hope so..you helped a lot , i still keep some of your tonematches (ada/triaxis/john p.)

Turn off the Sat switch. Those amps don't have sat circuits and you're overdriving the power amp (heavily).

Turn off the Sat switch. Those amps don't have sat circuits and you're overdriving the power amp (heavily).

This is the final situation with SAT switch Off.. The cabs and the amp block settings are the same with G2 but you hear it sounds way much different...

Cliff thanks for your support but what do you think? Is there anything wrong with G3 models of that amp or should we accept the new USAIIC+ models as they are?

Unfortunately, the G3 Mark IIC+ model is alot different than the previous G2 model in addition to all of the other tonal changes that Cliff has made to the unit since version 18+. I kind of wish Cliff had kept the old model as a Fractal "Idealized" model as I also had a pretty badass preset made with it but it still wouldn't sound the same due to the many changes made to the basic amp modeling/cab modeling. Since then I have made some really good sounding presets with the 5150 III, Savage and the Mark IV so I don't really miss it all that much. You are going to have to just start all over from scratch. I was able to get the IIC+ sounding pretty good but you are going to have to probably have to mess with the GEQ and tone controls some, the settings I came up with were pretty different from yours. I also turned on boost and dimed the Input drive and Overdrive and got a pretty decent sound from it although I much prefer my 5150 III, Savage and Mark IV tones.

Back
Top Bottom