USA Clean

erockomania

Experienced

Hey guys! Messing around with a new Superior Drummer patch (Hit Factory—way underrated) but came up with a haunting clean part with the USA clean (and delay and Valhalla room on aux). I actually might move this in the direction of a full song. Amazing what a little tonal inspiration will do, eh? :)

If you want the S2 patch, let me know and I will link you to it. All individual drum processing is done in S2. VMR and VTM on the bus is all otherwise. This is essentially a load and go preset. It will sound pretty much as you hear it right when you load it up. All hard velocity hits on snare and kick for the most punch.

View attachment E - Punchy Hit Factory Kit.s20.zip

Here you go! There is actually a snare from the Allaire pack in there as an Xdrum but it's low enough that it won't matter much if you don't use it. If you have Allaire as well, it'll load right up. I have a compressor on the master bus in the S2 interface that's turned off because I use other plugs, but it's actually decent so if you want some bus compression, just scroll over and turn it on. Then the entire preset will be self contained and load and go. Use 127 for all snare and kick velocities in order to get that nice crack and punch. 126 or lower and simply not good enough for that crack. I keep it natural by humanizing the notes, adding swing, varying cymbal velocities and adding ghost notes.

It sounds nice, personally I would shorten the length of the reverb on the snare as everything else sounds nice a cosy and the snare kind of on its own. It's a nice sound and I like the guitar riff.

Ya, some might like the roomy toms and kick… I do not, however. I only add a bit of kick and toms to the big room sounds. It’s just a personal aesthetic… adds space, retains punch and doesn't cloud the image with unwanted drum noise :)

Luckily, you can bring that down easily to match your personal prefs :)

Back
Top Bottom