usa 2c+ bright useless/no longer sounds good

symphx

Fractal Fanatic
I used to have a great dream theater type patch for this with the petrucci cab; today I went back to this with my MM JP guitar. omg, literally could not get a decent sound from it. I mean, the amp is destroyed as far as Im concerned. I went through dozens of other cabs, oh's, celestions, ML's; I know move on, but I find it strange to now have a former great sounding amp model, be utterly useless.

Agreed, the c+ lately is either over bright and ear piercing or you lower the highs and instantly goes dull and boxy, I can't find a happy medium. So much so that I'm considering a JP2C and using the axe for fx only. On the plus side though, I do find the triaxis yellow (which is a model of a c+) to be a bit better although not quite there either.

I used to have a great dream theater type patch for this with the petrucci cab; today I went back to this with my MM JP guitar. omg, literally could not get a decent sound from it. I mean, the amp is destroyed as far as Im concerned. I went through dozens of other cabs, oh's, celestions, ML's; I know move on, but I find it strange to now have a former great sounding amp model, be utterly useless.
Hard to do much with this.

Can you post two presets? One with your settings as they were when you liked the amp and the firmware in which it worked well, and then another with the preset updated for the current firmware?

Hard to do much with this.

Can you post two presets? One with your settings as they were when you liked the amp and the firmware in which it worked well, and then another with the preset updated for the current firmware?

Thanks for the offer, I moved on 2c++ does the trick. I mainly was curious if anyone else gets anything decent out of it. Im thinking we dont need all the push pull options, and maybe could clear up space with removing it, and frankly other amps. I mean who uses all the cameron derivations also?

All my IIC+ presets sound better than ever. That said, I usually don't use the bright versions. IIC+ Deep is my flavor of choice. Even on my Mark IV head, I didn't use pull bright on the lead channel. It's a bit too bright for my pickups. The real IIC+ is a quite bright and midrangy amp to start with. Either way, you can use the 6600 Hz fader on the graphic EQ and the high cut in the cab block to warm up the high end if needed.

All my IIC+ presets sound better than ever. That said, I usually don't use the bright versions. IIC+ Deep is my flavor of choice. Even on my Mark IV head, I didn't use pull bright on the lead channel. It's a bit too bright for my pickups. The real IIC+ is a quite bright and midrangy amp to start with. Either way, you can use the 6600 Hz fader on the graphic EQ and the high cut in the cab block to warm up the high end if needed.
no fader no switch no ir helped, not for high gain metal

Thanks for the offer, I moved on 2c++ does the trick. I mainly was curious if anyone else gets anything decent out of it. Im thinking we dont need all the push pull options, and maybe could clear up space with removing it, and frankly other amps. I mean who uses all the cameron derivations also?

I do actually. Depending on the guitar, I will use the push/pulls and different channels.

I'm assuming lots of players use the ar least one of the different models

I was about to post before reading this, that the IIC++ still sounds great and to try it instead. I don't even use the other IIC+ sims anymore, as they all pale compared with the ++ model (IMHO).

You must be the one and only Shredi Knight from the old JP forum days?!

Back
Top Bottom