Urgent help for gig tonight - 2 guitars patch

Screen Shot 2015-07-16 at 12.57.58 PM.jpg

Here is how we set ours up. I think you should have it when looking at the comparison, however you also need to set your BALANCE parameter on the volume block the same as its PAN L&R parameters accordingly, each volume block should also be stereo. Make sure your Input 1 & 2 on the axe are set to left only and your output(s) set to stereo.

See how I have my volume block panning set, double check that yours is the same and do the opposite for the other volume block.

Lastly, and i'm sure you already have done this but just to clarify. You will need to change the input to REAR instead of FRONT in the I/O settings of the axe-fx. Then just use Input 1 L/mono in the rear and Input 2 FX Return L/Mono for the other guitar.

Last edited:
The vol/pan block settings in the OP will work. There are alternatives (delete blocks, use output mixer balances) but those blocks aren't the problem.

Chances are Output 1 mode is Sum L+R, or something after Axe-FX is summing channels. If not, more details on connections and what "not working" means would be useful.

Lastly, and i'm sure you already have done this but just to clarify. You will need to change the input to REAR instead of FRONT in the I/O settings of the axe-fx. Then just use Input 1 L/mono in the rear and Input 2 FX Return L/Mono for the other guitar.

This isn't required. Front input can be used. Even in another scenario like Input 1 mode = stereo, the front input can be the left input while rear In 1R is the right input.

Output 1 and out 1 mode set to stereo, t only input 1 and input 2 (both rear set to left ) both guitars work except no pan. There is no mixer in the blocks or in output I have the stereo outs to stereo in into matrix amp and then to stereo speakers

You should probably check all connections and settings mentioned already, one more time. Try some headphones connected to Axe-FX too. If the guitars get to L & R phones separately, that would indicate the Matrix isn't really running in stereo.

Stupid suggestion, but you never know. Check your gate settings make sure they are not set to high.
This has screwed me a few times. Sometimes the simple things get you.

Back
Top Bottom