Urgent for a gig tonight.

Tremonti

Fractal Fanatic
How to switch patches for new group of Scenes, and still stay "live" of active patch? I want to have a sound.....bank to new patch of scenes and press that and not have the new scene group load until I step on it. I use this all the time for oddball stuff. I can start with whatever in wherever and the drag it anywhere to have access to it from start and then whatever else I'm choosing to go into.

Where are these settings in the Editor? Or is it only on device?
YOu set it up while setting up a footswitch.

Assign a footswitch to Bank Select. You'll see a parameter called Preset Load. That's what you're looking for.

Ok, so you want to jump for example from patch1 scene4 directly into patch7 scene7 without going through patch7 scene1?

I guess it could be done with the "map to" function but it would take a ton of switches.

Ok, so you want to jump for example from patch1 scene4 directly into patch7 scene7 without going through patch7 scene1?

I guess it could be done with the "map to" function but it would take a ton of switches.
Bummer....sometimes I like to grab a weird patch to start a song and then go into whatever patch scenes I want. I have my start sound....i then go to the patch scene page and we start the song.....then my scene page is ready to be selected while not "auto engaging".

If you don't have too many presets you could dedicate a page on the fc12 for that kind of stuff.

But if it says Preset Load 'none", then why does it load anything? Mine just right to a scene.

Even when I choose it to select scene 1 first in all patches...it doesn't. Could someone at least show me this? I mean I know if I save patch with editor starting at the 1st scene it will recall as such on patch selection. But I'm hoping there is a simple way to do this?

I checked...mine is set up this way. It still loads a scene upon patch change?

When you say this, do you mean "when I select a preset it loads a scene"? If so, that is exactly how it should function when you select a preset. IF you're just using bank up/down with preset load set to 'none' you should be able to page as much as you like and never switch preset. I just paged through many banks and never had a preset select itself. If you can't do that, there is something else going on with your setup.

When you say this, do you mean "when I select a preset it loads a scene"? If so, that is exactly how it should function when you select a preset. IF you're just using bank up/down with preset load set to 'none' you should be able to page as much as you like and never switch preset. I just paged through many banks and never had a preset select itself. If you can't do that, there is something else going on with your setup.
I would like when I choose a preset that goes to scenes and have it not selecting anything and stay what it is on until I decide what I want to pick. Sounds like I'm up the creek on this one. Now I just need to convince Kirk Hammett that he needs this function and to speak up! lol

Once a preset is selected, the FC controls the current preset only. The Axe III will load the default scene with the preset but you need to assign what you want the FC to do when you select the preset. The FC can only control effects or parameters within the current scene. You can't switch scenes on another preset without first loading that preset.

If you want to control the effects within a scene, assign a layout link on the FC Preset # switch to the layout # that has your effects footswitches. If you want to be able to select other scenes within the preset, assign a layout link to the 'Scenes' layout # of your FC.

Personally, I have 2 external switches that take me to the Preset select layout and the Scenes layout. I have assigned a layout link to Layout 3 (my "stompbox mode") to each of my preset select switches. Depending upon the preset, my Layout 3 may incorporate switches for specific scenes, toggles or boost/effect on or off. You are in complete control of what each switch does.
I would like when I choose a preset that goes to scenes and have it not selecting anything and stay what it is on until I decide what I want to pick.
On the preset select switch, use a Layout Link to the layout on your FC that has your scenes (Layout 2 is the default Scenes layout). Whichever scene is the default within the preset will load and the FC will load your scenes layout. Nothing changes unless you program the FC to do it or activate a switch.

EDIT: I believe I misunderstood what you're wanting. You want a "standby" mode that shows the next page of options while remaining in the current preset?

Last edited:
I would like when I choose a preset that goes to scenes and have it not selecting anything and stay what it is on until I decide what I want to pick. Sounds like I'm up the creek on this one. Now I just need to convince Kirk Hammett that he needs this function and to speak up! lol

Yeah, the FC doesn't do that. Maybe a Mastermind or one the other high end midi controllers do.

I think you are confused about how presets and scenes work.

Your terminology like "group of scenes" and "patch of scenes" doesn't make any sense.

Every preset has 8 scenes. Every preset has a default scene. A scene (the default) is always loaded when you change presets. There is no way to load a preset without making it active.

I think what @Tremonti would like to do is be able to select a scene before the preset loads, in the same way that you can select a preset before it loads. In other words, select a bank, select a preset, select a scene, and then load the preset.

I think what @Tremonti would like to do is be able to select a scene before the preset loads, in the same way that you can select a preset before it loads. In other words, select a bank, select a preset, select a scene, and then load the preset.

I read as similar, but also sitting in some sort of standby state waiting for another switch press or whatever before changing state.

Back
Top Bottom