UPS Rant + backup rig rec

Find good IR’s. This turns the stomp into an absolutely great backup rig. If you’re doing professional shows you always have to have a backup rig. Purchase another FM3 if that’s the case.

I've got great IR's they sound fantastic in the Atomic AFB, it's just the basic core amp tones aren't as good in the Line6. I've got it to sound good, just harder to get to a point I'm happier with the Stomp than my Fractals or the Atomic

And it wouldn't matter how many FM3's I have, where I'm playing tonight is not somewhere I want to take £1200 worth of modeller. A marquee in a muddy field that will inevitably leak into where we're playing through a PA that barely works
The Stomp will be going tonight

Just one year? Glad G66 offers 3y warranty here in EU :)

You are ultimately paying for the 3 yr warranty (refer to the multiple posts regarding higher cost in the EU). There are no free lunches.
As far as my understanding, they are required to provide a warranty for 3 years. And also, I believe that it's required to be transferrable.

They don't "offer" it - that is what you always get (and yes, you are paying for it;))

In the US, they do offer a 3-year (non-transferrable) warranty at an extra cost.

That great news, curios though, broken usb chip? was its damaged (user error) or did it fail/defective? just wondering...
Yeah, they said it wasn't anything i could have done to break it, just a random component failure.

I was glad to hear it, as I'd been 1- hard mounting it to my pedalboard with screws from the bottom, and 2 - stealing 12V from FASLINK to power an external midi controller.

Yeah, they said it wasn't anything i could have done to break it, just a random component failure.

I was glad to hear it, as I'd been 1- hard mounting it to my pedalboard with screws from the bottom, and 2 - stealing 12V from FASLINK to power an external midi controller.
Well Im happy for you that it was not user related, good to hear but equally as concerned that the component can just fail especially since my unit is no longer under support + I use the USB port all of the time and lately Fm3-Edit has been loosing connections more frequently.

Well Im happy for you that it was not user related, good to hear but equally as concerned that the component can just fail especially since my unit is no longer under support + I use the USB port all of the time and lately Fm3-Edit has been loosing connections more frequently.
Well, FM3 arrived yesterday, and lo and behold, Fractal opted to send a replacement FM3 rather than send my back my original/repaired FM3! They didn't mention that in the email chain or support ticket or anything, I was thinking they were just replacing the USB chip and sending me back my unit. But there's a big old "replacement unit" stamped on the included service receipt, and a brand new FM3 in my possession now.

I imagine they must have had some issue replacing the USB chip or getting it to work reliably after the repair or something, and sending a new unit rather than more hours spent troubleshooting my old one was the path of least resistance?

It ends up being a bit of an (expensive) upgrade for me, as I had one of the first units without the headphone jack, and the replacement unit has the headphone jack. :cool:

Well, FM3 arrived yesterday, and lo and behold, Fractal opted to send a replacement FM3 rather than send my back my original/repaired FM3! They didn't mention that in the email chain or support ticket or anything, I was thinking they were just replacing the USB chip and sending me back my unit. But there's a big old "replacement unit" stamped on the included service receipt, and a brand new FM3 in my possession now.

I imagine they must have had some issue replacing the USB chip or getting it to work reliably after the repair or something, and sending a new unit rather than more hours spent troubleshooting my old one was the path of least resistance?

It ends up being a bit of an (expensive) upgrade for me, as I had one of the first units without the headphone jack, and the replacement unit has the headphone jack. :cool:
That makes sense to me, its more efficient to just send out a unit that has already has passed all of the qa rather than have yours on a bench going through a troubleshooting/repair and then qa, supper cool you ended up with a unit with a headphone jack, I waited months to get a unit with it, the hp sounds great and is handy for practice.

A backup rig should just provide you a way to get through the gig to meet your obligation. Good enough will do.

I received the Behringer TM300 Tube Amp Modeler today. It actually sounds pretty good. My only gripe is it gets gainy too fast so there's only one usable clean sound setting. There's also a slight background hum but it's not a deal killer. Otherwise for $20, it's a decent backup solution for me. I may even build a small, one row board around it. Can't beat the price, especially since I hope I never have to use it at a gig.

Back
Top Bottom