Uploaded some album demos, checky plz?

keshav

Sup guys,

Been trying to get my cd completed, thought i'd put up a couple of instrumental demos to get some feedback from you guys regarding the tones and mix and such. Songs are old but completely retracked with the Axe and remixed.

Let me know what you think and how I can improve it!

Keshav

WOw...... that is badass!! really digging it! some of those riffs really came out of nowhere haha! keep it up man!

Haha thanks a lot Kyle!

The guitar tone needed a small amount of post EQ (I used the 5105 and Fas Modern, and the latter has a slightly fizzy midrange voicing), but other than a couple of small notches it was pretty good to go. Ears are fried though from mixing for so long, so thought getting your opinions would be invaluable at this point :)

Honestly it sounds great to me, but then again I am at work listening with crappy speakers haha, but the overall song i thought was really kickass!

Very tight and professional sounding - its rock for sure.
Listenable and could be movie soundtrack material - it has excitement!

Mark R.

PLEASE leave the guitars as they are!

If you manipulate them more, decrease your perception of fizziness, etc - I fear you'll end up sounding like other djenty-style, ambient artists. Your sound, as it is RIGHT now is what enables me to KNOW it's you when I listen. And that my friend is RARE in this sort of music right now.

Dare to be and sound "different".

It's beautiful man. Beautiful.

Thanks diggi, that's awesome of you to say :) I know you guys have very good taste, so your props mean a lot to me. Thanks for the encouragement! :)

Get some voice ...

Besides the lack of some screaming / shouting or singing (maybe that's not appropriate here :lol) there's nothing to complain. At least for me. Listening through little speakers and not having much knowledge of this kind of music :mrgreen.

But the screaming and shouting often gets the hard part for me ... :D

Go on!

Thanks Micha! Well then you'll be glad to know these songs will have almost entirely clean vocals on them :) Glad you approve!

Awesome stuff man. I particularly like the bell like tone in the background on the second one. Wonderful phrasing and mixing, sounds freakin sweet 8)

...and if no one is willing to scream and/or sing "cleanly" for you, you jus' lets me knows.....

:)

Thanks so much Scott and wowzers :)

Sure thing diggi, if I need some help there i'll be sure to hit you up :)

Back
Top Bottom