Upgrading. Finally!! From FW 11 when I bought it!

H&K Fan

Hi everyone!
Finally, after what seems an eternity, I will be able to update! Due to life getting in the way, and not having a dedicated computer for it, just haven't been able to.
I have been on Firmware 11 since I got my Axe 3 (GASP- I know, LOL) and have enjoyed every second! But I think it is time.
With that said, I will now have:
Axe FX 3 standard
FC 12
2 EV 2's
some outboard pedals that I might wish to add, not sure yet. Would be a down the road thing, if they're even necessary anymore.
HP Laptop (New)
i-3-iii5G4 Intel Processor
256 GB Drive
8 GB SD Ram
Windows 11

My questions. I'm sure there will be more! (RTFM I know! LOL)
What USB cable will I need to accomplish this? Any other special tips or tricks that I will need to know? I have been perusing the manuals, know I need to download those as well and really get to studying them and get things down. Been doing pretty well from the front panel, but I know there have been so many changes for the better since then. Think Axe Edit would make life so much easier.
Any and all help will be greatly appreciated, I know everyone here is incredibly helpful!!!
Please have patience with this technological caveman !! LOL
54 year old hunt and peck kinda guy when it comes to computers, but learning.
Again, Thank you to all for any help and advice,
You guys and gals are the greatest!!!!

USB A to USB B (the same type often used with printers)
You might want to do a full backup with Fractal Bot before updating the firmware to prevent loss of your presets.
Also, the modeling has gone through a lot of changes since 11.0, so you're likely going to need to modify your amp block settings. I suggest re-setting the amp block and then dialing it in ab initio.

I’d go to fractalaudio.com and download the usb driver and Axe Edit….fractalbot is included with Axe Edit ….install those.

Regarding your presets…..you’re making such a big jump in firmware, I would be inclined to just start over, but if not, you can back them
up like OrganicZed suggested. After that, update and rock out!

How is the warp?
detector heresy GIF

I’d go to fractalaudio.com and download the usb driver and Axe Edit….fractalbot is included with Axe Edit ….install those.

Regarding your presets…..you’re making such a big jump in firmware, I would be inclined to just start over, but if not, you can back them
up like OrganicZed suggested. After that, update and rock out!
Ditto.

Ah, firmware 11… them were the days. One day I’m gonna go back to 1.xx which it had when I got it. Just for nostalgia and to hear the difference.

Back
Top Bottom