Upgrades / Settings / Release notes / process...?

simonp54

Experienced
OK, so I have upgraded my firmware to the latest Q2p00 official release. I have had questions surrounding this area before, so I thought this time I would check for sure...

1) After upgrading I have taken "screenshots" of my current settings for the AMP block.
2) I then reset the block to compare what the NEW default values for everything are...

this is where my confusion about previous answers comes in...

Previously people have said that a new firmware will apply new default values when the default has changed. Now i'm pretty sure I didn't change any of the parameters for the "power supply" section (for example)... BUT there are changes after resetting the block which wouldn't have been present if I haddn't reset... so in that I am pretty sure I DIDN'T change them... my only conclusion is that a previous "upgrade (step in the right direction)" did UPDATE those values (but) they weren't considered to be NEW DEFAULTS?

my only conclusion from this is that after every firmware upgrade, to be sure of getting the latest defaults that apply to the latest software implementation, I must "reset the block" and change "my" parameters to the settings I want...

Is this how everyone else sees this? and is it just that I now understand the process?

Thx

I am very new as well to the axe. but what i have found works for me is to copy X to Y in the amp block and then reload the X amp by reselecting the amp. Then I can just toggle back and forth between X and Y to see what settings changed on each page of the amp block.

I am very new as well to the axe. but what i have found works for me is to copy X to Y in the amp block and then reload the X amp by reselecting the amp. Then I can just toggle back and forth between X and Y to see what settings changed on each page of the amp block.
Yeah, well I'm not really talking about the how... More to do with whether my assumptions about the defaults are correct...

Yeah, well I'm not really talking about the how... More to do with whether my assumptions about the defaults are correct...
Yes they are correct. as stated in release notes, sometimes defaults are changed to more accurate settings. Sometimes the back in algorithm is changed which results in the control reacting differently so values are changed to compensate. Which is why I do the X and Y so I can see what default values change as well. Sometimes I may like the older default setting rather than the new one.

OK cool...

so specifically for information... these are parameters I don't think I have ever changed... (but may have changed as part of an incremental firmware update BUTnot then considered (by FAS) to be "defaults" (does that happen?)
CLASS-A 30W TB model

Preamp was set at new Q2p00 "default"
Hi Cut Freq 8kHz 16kHz
Power Supply
Supply Sag 1.1 3
Power Tube Bias 0.75 1
Speaker
Low Res Freq 56Hz 75Hz
Low Res Q 2.000 2.005
Hi Freq 1000Hz 1100Hz
Hi Resonance 6.67 7.5
X Former Hi Freq 20000Hz 30000Hz
X Former Match 0.8 1.0

To be clear... I wouldn't know what any of these mean so wouldn't have adjusted them myself...

I believe my upgrade path has been
Q1p03
Q1p05
Q1p06
Q2p01beta
Q2p02beta
Q2p03beta
Q2p00

OK cool...

so specifically for information... these are parameters I don't think I have ever changed... (but may have changed as part of an incremental firmware update BUTnot then considered (by FAS) to be "defaults" (does that happen?)
CLASS-A 30W TB model

Preamp was set at new Q2p00 "default"
Hi Cut Freq 8kHz 16kHz
Power Supply
Supply Sag 1.1 3
Power Tube Bias 0.75 1
Speaker
Low Res Freq 56Hz 75Hz
Low Res Q 2.000 2.005
Hi Freq 1000Hz 1100Hz
Hi Resonance 6.67 7.5
X Former Hi Freq 20000Hz 30000Hz
X Former Match 0.8 1.0

To be clear... I wouldn't know what any of these mean so wouldn't have adjusted them myself...

I believe my upgrade path has been
Q1p03
Q1p05
Q1p06
Q2p01beta
Q2p02beta
Q2p03beta
Q2p00

that didn't format very nicely... ;-(

Back
Top Bottom