Upgraded version of FC-12 with software version

To avoid copy of a software version of AXE FX I would see an updated version of the FC12 with added audio Inteface capabilities. This upgraded version would be needed to use a Software (plug-in version) of AXE FX3 . It would also be used with a FM3 or an Axe FX3. This way I could use a FM3 or AXEFX3 outside home and the software home.

So basically you want a software version of the Axe-Fx 3, with the FC-12 serving as a dongle?

Please explain. I am interested to know why there is no way to do this safely for Fractal. I am almost just kidding here but I would do what my Bank do. Send something where you need to enter a code to start or access the software.over and above my ID and Password. If this work for banks it should be safe:) There is always a solution to a problem. Then it is only a matter of decideing if the solution is worthed or the product make sense. I bought the Fractal reverb a long time ago and still use it. However I do not know if it has been cracked yet.

So basically you want a software version of the Axe-Fx 3, with the FC-12 serving as a dongle?

It is more an integrated solution that would target all the needs with basically the same product in different versions. (hardware and software)

Please explain. I am interested to know why there is no way to do this safely for Fractal. I am almost just kidding here but I would do what my Bank do. Send something where you need to enter a code to start or access the software.over and above my ID and Password. If this work for banks it should be safe:) There is always a solution to a problem. Then it is only a matter of decideing if the solution is worthed or the product make sense. I bought the Fractal reverb a long time ago and still use it. However I do not know if it has been cracked yet.
At the bank, the software remains on their computers, where no one else can get to it. With a software Axe-Fx, the software would run on whatever computer it's installed on. Software pirates could hack it at their leisure, remove the code requirement, and distribute it at will.

Everything is possible for a good hacker. I agree on this. Take a look at all the new modeler softwares launched in the last 12 months. These are may be not a threat for Fractal right now but can we say they won't be one of these days? In the past a lot of hacked softwares users downloaded them to try before buying. If you a seious user (or an honest one like me) the first question you ask yourself about a pirated software is its reliability. Will it always work? Will I have to find a new copy for all updates etc... Now most of software companies offer a trial period and I think this has reduce a lot the need for a hacked software. If you really need it you will end up buying it. If not you will have a pirate copy not really used and would have not bought it anyway. May at 64 I am still naive LOL!

Everything is possible for a good hacker. I agree on this. Take a look at all the new modeler softwares launched in the last 12 months. These are may be not a threat for Fractal right now but can we say they won't be one of these days? In the past a lot of hacked softwares users downloaded them to try before buying. If you a seious user (or an honest one like me) the first question you ask yourself about a pirated software is its reliability. Will it always work? Will I have to find a new copy for all updates etc... Now most of software companies offer a trial period and I think this has reduce a lot the need for a hacked software. If you really need it you will end up buying it. If not you will have a pirate copy not really used and would have not bought it anyway. May at 64 I am still naive LOL!
Sadly, that's not how it works. Most people in the warez community will download a pirated copy, tell themselves "I wouldn't have bought it anyway" or "I'm just trying before I buy, " and keep on using it. If all we had to worry about was honest people, there would be no problem. And the demand for pirated software would dry up overnight.

Code written to run on pc and code that runs on dedicated hardware are not equal. FAS can’t just easily port their modeling to run as a vst even if they wanted to. It would be a ton of work, likely wouldn’t work as well, and there would be lots of piracy risk etc. seems like little reward for them.

Code written to run on pc and code that runs on dedicated hardware are not equal. FAS can’t just easily port their modeling to run as a vst even if they wanted to. It would be a ton of work, likely wouldn’t work as well, and there would be lots of piracy risk etc. seems like little reward for them.
Native seems to have done well for L6. I'd love a Fractal equivalent.

Thanks for the link. However I maintain my point. Pirates are a problem and they will always be. probably the FM3 is a kind of solution right now because of the price? It is for sure less risky than having a software. I own Line6 Helix and I bought for 99$ because I had a registred Helix Floor. Would I have bought Helix Native for 399$? probably not. So for me Helix gain 99$ in the deal LOL! Their main business is still hardware. They simply use their technology on an extra platform. Anyway I did not want to start a debate on hacked softwares. Just to talk about a possible evolution of Fractal offer. In other what would be the perfect integrated sytem.

I could also say don't sell the whole package in software form . Only à la carte amps or effects. Just throwing out ideas that , I realize has been discussed on this forum.

Reactions: JTI
For many of us that have been following along at home we all know the AxeFx is more than software and why it won't run on existing pc's. Keep wishing, we'll keep chuckling when we see the posts. Hell, I want an bluetooth FC12 with AxeFX on my phone and wireless guitar transmitter, it can be bluetooth too, I don't care. If you're going dream, dream big I say.

Native seems to have done well for L6. I'd love a Fractal equivalent.

not to say it can’t be done, but, that it’s difficult and very time consuming. L6 has way more resources than FAS too, so not really apples to apples.

given Cliff is generally the smartest guy in the room I’m sure he is aware there are software modelers and probably has tried most of them as points of comparison.

not like it’s a new idea. I’ve seen people asking for a vst version since the Ultra days like a decade ago

vst ultra, vst AxeII, vst Axe 3..... same thing again and again

Reactions: JTI
not to say it can’t be done, but, that it’s difficult and very time consuming. L6 has way more resources than FAS too, so not really apples to apples.

given Cliff is generally the smartest guy in the room I’m sure he is aware there are software modelers and probably has tried most of them as points of comparison.

not like it’s a new idea. I’ve seen people asking for a vst version since the Ultra days like a decade ago

vst ultra, vst AxeII, vst Axe 3..... same thing again and again
Yep. Just wishful thinking :D

It is true. many people keep asking for the same thing and it is good for a company.

I don't need an all in one machine. I would say for me the real value is not the hardware but THE SOUNDS and the EDITOR. It always has been like that. So to stay out of a software version, a small box the size similar to a UAD Apllo interface and the editor and I would be very happy. I could add a FC6 or FC12 if I need floor controls.

I already hear some people saying. yes but a software does not sound like a hardware. A software will sounds as good as the converters in your audio interface. I have always invested in an top of the line audio interface. 10 years ago they were many thousands dollars . Today they cheaper than ever.

I think Fractal, with its modular approach, is in a position to react faster to the market needs. So many possibilities when you already have the technology and own the software.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom