Upgrade or not.

andyp13

Power User
im still on the previous version to 4.0 and have not braved the upgrade yet.
I normally upgrade as soon as the beta comes out but I haven't this time. Is there much difference in sound in 4:0 from the previous version?
I play with a clean sound and also occationley with a slight breakup, I use the AC drive block for my lead tones. So I guess because version 4 is an amp block change only, and comments I read seem to always refer to the quality of the distortion/overdrive/metal sound, would I benifit from the upgrade?
Any guys play soul/funk/blues with a clean (ish) sound noticed any difference?

I'm leaning, I really fancy upgrading but I'm loving my current sound, I'm suffering from 'grass is always greener' syndrome.
In what way do the cleans benifit?

Well, I did it, can't hear any difference whatsoever?
It sounded great before I upgraded and sounds great after the upgrade so there's nothing spoiling :)

You could always just use the special flux capacitor simulator switch and pick which modelling version you want to use anyway.

All your old patches will be the same until you manually select the current modelling version in the amp block tab.

You could always just use the special flux capacitor simulator switch and pick which modelling version you want to use anyway.

All your old patches will be the same until you manually select the current modelling version in the amp block tab.

I did that :)

Just upgrade and some of the presets you prefer in fw 3.xx no problem. I have some perfectly tweaked presets from PresetADay (August) and they sound better in fw 3. So i switch them to fw 3.xx - just as easy.

You're not hearing a difference because 4.0 doesn't automatically update the modeling version in the presets to the latest modeling version. If you want to hear what 4.0 sounds like, you need to go to the advanced page in the amp block and set the modeling version on the amp to "Latest". You can also do this for all your presets at once by using FracTool.

You're not hearing a difference because 4.0 doesn't automatically update the modeling version in the presets to the latest modeling version. If you want to hear what 4.0 sounds like, you need to go to the advanced page in the amp block and set the modeling version on the amp to "Latest". You can also do this for all your presets at once by using FracTool.

The main setting that I use, I did select the latest firmware but heard no difference whatsoever ( not that I know exactly what I'm supposed to be listening for), it sounded great befor and still does but no difference in sound???

Dunno what to tell you on that one. Do you have the power amp sim enabled, or are you running through an external tube power amp?

Check your scenes You can also back up individual files in axe edit.... so if anything happens you can just go back and get that one file vs all of them. Id back up in fractal first then axe edit 2nd and do check to see
if anything in scenes changes ie every scene every efx cab amp settings ect..

Mine does change when I update FW so I go through this every time I do update and the machine
was sent back too the maker and so thats not it.. So far no one can figure out why this happens..
But it does .. Peace, live long and prosper, may the force be with you and happy halloween
word too the wise if you see any clowns around your house or in the woods waving you in dont go..

That is all...

Where can I get FracTool and do they have it for Mac ?

Thanks in advance....

Maybe I'm not hearing any difference because I use normal guitar cabs and not frfr with cab-sims as most sound differences seems to be centered around cab-sims, this is the only thing I can think of why there's no change in sound?

Maybe I'm not hearing any difference because I use normal guitar cabs and not frfr with cab-sims as most sound differences seems to be centered around cab-sims, this is the only thing I can think of why there's no change in sound?

This could well be the reason.

FracTool is also available for Mac. There is a thread where you find the download link in the first post. :)

Thanks Volt appreciate it I tried to down load it and I was not allowed to get into
my sys pref to change some setting to allow it.

Ill contact the NSA FBI CIA and ask if I can do that now..
:p
I dont hear back from Steve Jobs anymore at all dont get it..

Back
Top Bottom