upgrade from ik iloud

In videos the iLoud and iLoud MTM don’t sound that different. Should I look into 8” like the Kali IN8 or Yamaha HS8? I just record guitar and bass from home no real mixing. But I want best most inspiring home experience possible. I could try smaller like Kali 6.5 inch or 6”5 inch monitors. Whatever I get will be on my desk but up on stands that clamp to the edges.

In real-life, the the ilouds and MTMs aren’t that much different either. I have both. There are differences.. just not worth the differences in price/upgrade, IMO. I have a pair of KRK VXT 6’s which I really like compared to those little iloud speakers. These larger monitors provide greater headroom and move more air, so you can bask in the music too.

The larger speakers - generally - provide a broader (and sometimes imbalanced) bass response, which can sometimes overwhelm in smaller spaces. But the more expensive monitors are going to be tuned better across all frequencies, so, do read-up on them reviews. I also have some Adam T7V 7” monitors ..they’re good, definitely worth the cash, but are in storage right now. I like the KRK VXT6’s better.

I also have some KRK Rokit 5’s I originally bought for a TV.. Had some Rokit 6’s for a while too.. Rokits. Nope. ..never personally had much luck with them.

The Yammies look good though. Lots of good press on those. I might consider the smaller speakers 6/7’s for smaller rooms or closer monitoring - that’s just my preference, personally - just to help keep some of the lower frequencies better balanced as they are being Howitzered toward my head..

....But again, the higher-end speakers are going to provide a better mix of frequencies, so, it’s what you want to spend on these things, too.

Best of luck. :0)

I did a lot of research on speakers for my small studio. I ended up ordering the Kali lp6 monitors based on price, size and several reviews. Had the Adam A3X in my cart but decided they were too small and pricey. I am going from JBL LSR 305s

I am a huge fan of the Kali LP-6's! I have a pair in my home studio that sound great. I use the Yamaha HS8's at work, and they are nice, but sometimes give too much in the low end. Either would work well. In terms of low end, it is shocking how much low end the LP-6's can push, so they can hang with your bass, unless you need a ton, but then you're into subwoofer territory. A buddy has a set of the JBL LSR 305's and they are good as well but a little more room dependent

Back
Top Bottom