Upgrade from EZD to Superior Drummer??

MisterE

Fractal Fanatic
I've been using EZD for uite some time now and I feel like it's time to move on.
I like using separate channels for each sound and it seems like SD3 offers so much more than EZD.
In EZD it depends on the kit what you get as separate channels.
With SD, you get all, or am I wrong?
Also, I like the MIDI editor of SD (EZD has none) because you immediately get named keys.
Am I missing something?
Also, do I wait for Black Friday?
It seems SD never goes on sale hence the question.

I own SD2 but can't justify the upgrade cost right now.
Can anyone vouch for Steven Slate Drums?
Downloaded the free version but interface seems lacking.
On the other hand its super cheap right now ($99 USD).

SD3 is a complete different beast: a lot of tuning allowed. Normally I use EZD in the writing session and SD3 in the next phases (when I don't have a real drummer... ;-) ).

I'd love to upgrade to SD3 but that would be a $500-600 (CAD) investment for me and hard to justify it to myself as just a home hobby enthusiast. EZ2 does trick pretty well and i know SD3 is on a whole other level I'm sure i'd appreciate. SD3 rarely if ever goes on sale so maybe i'll hold out until they come out with SD4 and pickup SD3 at a price drop. First world problems I guess.

btw, if anyone wanting to get into EZ2 they have a pretty good Black Friday sale on right now. Looks to be about $100 off

Sweetwater has some great deals on Expansion Packs until Dec. 1.

I grabbed 2 new EZX libraries (Progressive and Big Rock) for less than $50!! :)

Last edited:
I also prefer SD3 and additionaly you can use the EZ Kits too with it.
For fast and simple use EZ is cool but you have way more possibilities in SD.

I'd love to upgrade to SD3 but that would be a $500-600 (CAD) investment for me and hard to justify it to myself as just a home hobby enthusiast. EZ2 does trick pretty well and i know SD3 is on a whole other level I'm sure i'd appreciate. SD3 rarely if ever goes on sale so maybe i'll hold out until they come out with SD4 and pickup SD3 at a price drop. First world problems I guess.

btw, if anyone wanting to get into EZ2 they have a pretty good Black Friday sale on right now. Looks to be about $100 off
I had EZD2 and did the Crossgrade for a great price drop, and glad I moved up, really Kickass software..

Looking at this thread again as I've just picked up an external SSD drive and could house the large content library of SD3. I get the differences of the two and what their strengths are but can anyone comment on say the midi editor within SD3 vs the Drum editor in Cubase. Cubase' drum editor is very capable and wondering if there's a big difference with SD3's. Specific I guess to any Cubase users.

Secondly, what I'm wondering is that SD3 has the larger unprocessed samples for greater control. Will I have to do a lot of tweaking to get great sound/mix or right out of the box ; or are they sounding as good as EZ2 to start and the rabbit hole goes as deep as you want?

Back
Top Bottom