Updating to 8.0

Radley

Experienced
I have had bad luck so far updating to 8.0 - the first time I tried I was greeted with a flashing 'not enough resources' message at the end of the update, so I tried it again. Everything looked fine and the message said I had successfully installed 8.0, but every time I restart my unit I get *no sound at all* until I scroll through 7 or 8 presets quickly - then the sound returns and everything seems ok, but eventually the sound goes silent again.... Any ideas?

Radley,

I'm having a similar problem, after I turned it off for a while, and went back and then I got sound, I hadn't done anything different and it started to work. It's got me a bit apprehensive in regards to it might just freak out in the middle of a set....then what? I'm going to try and upload my backup so I can get my patches back. I'll try that and see what happens, but I'm a bit concerned

I downloaded the software again from Fractal's site - the message again said I had updated successfully, but when I turned the unit off for 10 seconds & restarted, I have no sound period and there's nothing I've found to restore sound to the AFX. This is serious for me as I have some important gigs with Neil coming up!

I used SysEx Librarian through midi, as I have always done before with great success.

I too downloaded the update again and with the same results. It wasn't until the unit had been off for about 15 min when I turned it on it started working. I've been exchanging emails with support. The unit is working right now so I'll see what happens when I try to upload my patches from the backup of 7.0. It has me a bit concerned. I followed the same steps for every update and this one bit me for some reason.

I downloaded the software again from Fractal's site - the message again said I had updated successfully, but when I turned the unit off for 10 seconds & restarted, I have no sound period and there's nothing I've found to restore sound to the AFX. This is serious for me as I have some important gigs with Neil coming up!

I used SysEx Librarian through midi, as I have always done before with great success.

Out of curiosity have you been able to successfully go back to 7.01?

If you need to you can just downgrade to 7 until it gets sorted out.

I tried going back to 7.0, but the unit was still borked and no sound. There is no 7.01
Did you restore your patches from 7?

Your working with support, they probably are already had you do that I imagine.

Very strange indeed!

Have you done a systems reset?

Last edited:
My II updated OK, but it did take an unusually LONG time...if I had to guess I would say 20 minutes.

Usual time would be around 5 to 7 minutes for me.

I thought for sure it wasn't going to take, but after reboot 8.0 was there.

My II updated OK, but it did take an unusually LONG time...if I had to guess I would say 20 minutes.

Usual time would be around 5 to 7 minutes for me.

I thought for sure it wasn't going to take, but after reboot 8.0 was there.
That happens from time to time. Not sure why.

I did do a system reset. At one point, none of the patches had any names and there was some weird popping. I went back to 7.0 with no luck, so I downloaded 8.0 again and re-did the firmware. Still no change, I turned the unit off thinking that I would have to send it in. When I turned it back on to show one of my staff members what it was doing about 15min later it started working. Not sure what's up, but I'm sure that for most it went just fine, but a few of us are having problems

I couldn't get any sound out of the unit no matter what amp sim I selected. Tried to create a new sim with just cab and amp and no go!

Did the upgrade and did not have any sound as some of you have described. Scrolled some patches as some of you have described, and it was working fine. But this only happened once (after upgrade and first reboot) I have rebooted it around 6 times and when it starts it always comes up perfect sound and all.

No so far so good it was just that first time after the upgrade.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Glad it's working ok for ya, I'll know more tomorrow when I try to upload my backup patches to 8.0 and see how it behaves.

Hopefully you guys resolve this. When I updated mine and turned it off as required, when I turned it back on, all the status lights lit up and stayed that way. I got a big scare. But it went away when I powered it off and on again. I lucked out. Good luck guys.

Back
Top Bottom