updating firmware using mac and without editor

flageolet

Inspired
I've got a mac with OSX 10,5 and don't have the editor.

I want to update the firmware since i got the Ultra, but no luck so far.
Tried to read this forum, but all options are being discussed only partly or to much alternatives at once.
Or is it just me?? :?

I've gathered that I need:
sysex library (check)
one of the mandolane programs (check)
a midinterface (roland edirol um-2ex contected to the usb of my mac and the midi out of my ultra)

now I can only get as far as an 'awaiting file' on the ultra and my sysex librarian that doens't see any midi devices.

Can someone explain from beginning to end what I should do to finally surpass firmware 6,06 :D ?

1. You don't need Mandolane if you use Sysex Librarian (http://www.snoize.com/SysExLibrarian/ ) - Mandolane is only needed for Java Applications.

2. You need to connext Midi OUT of your Roland interface to Midi IN on your Axe, not the out (the firmware is transferred INto the unit)

3. Select the roland interface as output in Sysex Librarian and load the FW update in the program

4. Go to utilities page on the Axe and step all the way to the right where it says firmware update

5. Hit Enter on the Axe to make it ready for receiving and then transmit the file from Sysex librarian. It will take quite a while, you get a progress bar.

Good luck!

it worked!!!

I actually had the midi connected correct (just typed it wrong :lol: )

taking the mandolane out of the ecuation triggered me ... didn't have the driver for my midi interface installed.
Unbelieveble somthing like that prevented me from experiencing the Mark iic+.

Bedankt voor je uitleg Hunter!!!

flageolet said:
it worked!!!

I actually had the midi connected correct (just typed it wrong :lol: )

taking the mandolane out of the ecuation triggered me ... didn't have the driver for my midi interface installed.
Unbelieveble somthing like that prevented me from experiencing the Mark iic+.

Bedankt voor je uitleg Hunter!!!

Schon recht, gern geschehen :cool:

Thanks for your informative post, Hunter!

I just bought an Axe FX Standard and am running OS X, and I have not yet figured out how to add patches or update the firmware. Fortunately Fractal Audio shipped it with the latest firmware, so that is not an immediate concern, but I have been wanting to add patches. I tried downloading the Mac patch editor but as I understand it, that is in a beta/demo mode right now and can't be used to transmit patches (I could be wrong about that, but I didn't see any controls for sending or receiving patches). Based on your post, I just downloaded SysEx Librarian, which looks like it will work to send patches. Now I can't wait to get home to try it out! :)

I'm in the same boat I have everything hooked up but I can't figuer out how to implement anything. For instance at the SysEx Librarian window how do you add a divice to be the conduit for the info to be transmitted? I can't seam to select the M-Audio Fast track controll pannel it's greayd out.

Figured it out... Didn't have to add anything other than the firmware up to the SysEx Librarian window, select OUT1 and click the Play button. I now have v7.18. It was a lot easer than I thought it would be.

Back
Top Bottom