Updating existing presets with v10

Loopback777

Inspired
Later on today (around 5pm EST, aka the end of the day ;)) when I download v10, I'd like to try to keep my presets intact as an experiment. When there have been big FW updates in the past, I've usually rebuilt things from the ground up. But this time, I'd like to see how things change "as is".

Since I haven't done this before, I'm not sure about the technique.

I believe the only thing I need to do is enter a preset, go to the amp block(s), change the type(s) and then change them back. Is this right? Will the settings (at least the ones that still apply - eg. drive, eq, etc.) stay the same or will they jump to factory? If it does revert to factory, is there another way to do this without that result?

Are there any other block types that need to be re-set?

Thanks for your help!

Last edited:
The master volume will change to default. Drive and tone will be the same. However, you will likely need to significantly adjust them with 10. Don't worry about them resetting, you'll need to tweak them anyway.
You'll want to go over any drive pedals and make sure there setting sound good with the new firmware. Particularly the Tonebender. It has a lot more gain. The RC and AC boost have changed a bit as well.

The master volume will change to default. Drive and tone will be the same. However, you will likely need to significantly adjust them with 10. Don't worry about them resetting, you'll need to tweak them anyway.
You'll want to go over any drive pedals and make sure there setting sound good with the new firmware. Particularly the Tonebender. It has a lot more gain. The RC and AC boost have changed a bit as well.

Thanks, Sean!

Back
Top Bottom