Updates Firmware and Axe EDit But Axe Edit Wont Connect

59Lespaul

Inspired
Last night I updated to FW 15 and Axe Edit 3.0.10 and now Axe Edit won't connect. I'm running OSX 10.7.5. I have uninstalled and reinstalled AE. tried a different USB cord but problem persists. My computer is recognizing the Axe as an audio interface option so I don't believe its an issue with the actual USB connection. Any suggestions?

I know it sounds highly unlikely, but maybe try another USB cable or USB port. I have a MacBook with the same software working fine. Good luck.

Or maybe go back to the previous version of firmware and AE, and to see if the problem still exists.

Last night I updated to FW 15 and Axe Edit 3.0.10 and now Axe Edit won't connect. I'm running OSX 10.7.5. I have uninstalled and reinstalled AE. tried a different USB cord but problem persists. My computer is recognizing the Axe as an audio interface option so I don't believe its an issue with the actual USB connection. Any suggestions?

I think there is an updated MAC driver dated after fw15 release, maybe that fixes it

Thanks all, I have tried different cables, different ports (I have experienced the port problems with other devices) and have reloaded the current OSX driver on the support page.

Curious, as I'd mentioned, my setup was working properly but stopped after sitting for a period of time. After rebooting both the AxeFX II and Axe Edit, there was still no communications. Even after having it work earlier, I had to go into AE's Settings/Preferences and manually choose both ports. Everything again is working fine, for now. Bug??

My Mac is on 10.7.5
AxeFX II is FW 15.0 (non-beta)
Axe Edit 3.0.10

I had the issue with the Axe-FX ports not being selected after installing Axe-Edit (and new version of Fractal Bot). The bot worked fine but Axe-Edit was sitting at disconnected despite reboots an uninstall/reinstall. After the reboot when it didn't connect is when I found that it had not retained the Axe port (USB connection) as default for some reason. That was a frustrating 5 minutes of trying to figure out why I couldn't use edit, and had just updated my firmware 45 minutes before practice :)

thanks folks. i thought i was going to be watching my monitor head out the window if i had not read this thread. quick and easy fix.

Axe Edit Issues on Mac

I am also suddenly having an issue with Axe Edit recognizing the AXE FX II for the USB ports. It just started today and I do not know why. The only thing that is different is a MFC 101 mI is now hooked up. I tried disconnecting it and rebooting the Unit, but still having issue. Even tried reinstalling Mac USB driver for Axe Fx II and Axe Edit, and rebooting Mac between each change.

My Mac is running 10.7.5
I had Axe Edit 3.0.9 and just updated it to 3.0.11 tonight without luck.
My Axe Fx II is firmware 14.02

Thanks in advance

This always works for me when I don't get a connection between Axe-Edit/FractalBot and my Axe-FX II, running on OSX:

Go to 'Audio/MIDI-configuration', tap cmd+2 (opens up midi-screen) and press 'Scan Midi Bus'. This always fixes it for me! Hope it helps ;)

This always works for me when I don't get a connection between Axe-Edit/FractalBot and my Axe-FX II, running on OSX:

Go to 'Audio/MIDI-configuration', tap cmd+2 (opens up midi-screen) and press 'Scan Midi Bus'. This always fixes it for me! Hope it helps ;)

I tried to tap cmd+2 and it does nothing, just makes ding noise … am I interpreting your directions wrong?

Back
Top Bottom