updated version of the FX8?

Sixstring

Legend!
Anyone read any news of this? Just curious if FAS is going to move the FX8 into the FM style platform.

Last edited:
Many customers have been asking since the FM / III products were announced years ago. FAS has not shown any indication of making such a product as of yet regardless what other customers opinions are, and it does make sense that there is asking for it, because a lot of us use 4CM or just process our traditional amp with effects.

Many customers have been asking since the FM / III products were announced years ago. FAS has not shown any indication of making such a product as of yet regardless what other customers opinions are, and it does make sense that there is asking for it, because a lot of us use 4CM or just process our traditional amp with effects.
This!

There are a lot of guys that use a tube amp as well as amp modeling! I'm considering it and would like to have an effects only pedal that does amp switching and multiple CC inputs. I understand this can still be done using a midi gismo or the like. I have been looking at t for some time I really want to get a Suhr PT15 IR as a small rig with a killer tone.

That doesn’t make much sense. The FM9 could be considered a replacement as far as features but has more horsepower.

Is someone spreading rumors?
No rumors! just me looking for information (IF any) that might be out there that are factual. I could use my FM9 but it's a tad large when compared to the FX8. Just wondering if FAS is going to keep in in the lineup or abandon the platform all together.

You mean FX8?

I haven't heard any mention of that.
Ha! Type O...

New product idea, FM9 with 4 more switches and call it FX10.
it would have the horsepower of the fm3 and the 3 switches under the screen would be like the f1 f2 and f3 switches on the fx8. and have the same connections as the fx8.
it would have all the effects from the axefx3.

New product idea, FM9 with 4 more switches and call it FX10.
it would have the horsepower of the fm3 and the 3 switches under the screen would be like the f1 f2 and f3 switches on the fx8. and have the same connections as the fx8.
it would have all the effects from the axefx3.
Cool idea. However, I would just like to have the latest/greatest FAS FX in a FX8 type format.

I get the impression that the sales of the FX8 were relatively sluggish and that FAS concluded they were better off making a general purpose modeler that also has good support for 4CM. The FM9 would be the replacement, but seeing as how they're rather challenging to buy, it's an awkward situation all around. Clearly rolling out more hardware right now is not an easy commitment to make - compound that with the previous effort not succeeding in the marketplace.

I get the impression that the sales of the FX8 were relatively sluggish and that FAS concluded they were better off making a general purpose modeler that also has good support for 4CM. The FM9 would be the replacement, but seeing as how they're rather challenging to buy, it's an awkward situation all around. Clearly rolling out more hardware right now is not an easy commitment to make - compound that with the previous effort not succeeding in the marketplace.
Without the ability to do simple amp switching the FM9 is just a floor modeler that you have to use more outboard gear to make it work right. At that point I would rather just get an FX8 or a Line 6 FX stomp, less to hook up.

Why can't the FM9 switch channels on the PT15? Can the III do it?
From what I've read it may need the Suhr Micro Midi to change channels on the PT15

Why can't the FM9 switch channels on the PT15? Can the III do it?
From what I've read it may need the Suhr Micro Midi to change channels on the PT15
It's not midi switchable. That means you need a relay switcher like in the FX-8... The FM3, FM9 and Axe Fx III don't have that.

Otherwise you'd need a midi controllable relay switcher

Ah, I see.

Presumably that's what the Suhr Micro Midi is? I'm sure it will pass but for the past few days I've been mulling over the idea of the PT15 IR as it would allow me to continue to play direct to the PA but with my choice of IRs.

I guess an alternative would be any other tube amp with a load box that allows me to choose IRs.

My Fractal journey started with the FX8, and I absolutely loved it. Since then I've progressed to the AX8 and the III. A new FX only unit would be great, but I appreciate that Fractal are competing for consumers who want everything in one box.

I'm on the wait list for an FM9 and think that would be the the most efficient solution for a slimmed down rig to use with a tube amp, that has plenty of switches and the option to use amp modelling when required.

Even more efficient though would be to stick with the amp modelling in the III

The question I been thinking about is how would you do 4 channel switching in stomp box mode, right now it's just press and hold and your on the y channel, how would you do this with 4 channels.

Back
Top Bottom