• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

UPDATED VERSION Ambient groove electro with Vox guitar tones

shaunb

Veteran

(EDIT: This is an updated version of Inverted Gaze with the bulid up section before the ending re-worked)

I'm not really sure how to describe this one but I like it. It's a different sound for me.
I guess it's pretty chill but a bit moody and reflective.

Started playing around with EZDrummer2 and the Electronic EZX and ended up with a full drum track.
I played with a few different guitar ideas and this is what came together out of the feel of the electro foundation.

Guitars are all CLASS-A 30W TB and I used Cab Pack 18 and 20 IRs
ML Class-A SM57-M160 03
ML Brit PR75 SM57-M160 01

Bass was tracked with the Citrus Bass 200 amp and Cab Pack 11.
ML SV Bass Mix 04
ML SV Bass Subkick D

Last edited:

shaunb

Veteran
Updated version of the song uploaded.
I fixed the stereo/mono issue and while I was at it I re-worked the quiet build up section in the back half of the song.

Happier with it now.

Last edited:

Shenks

Veteran
Yes I definitely like it..!

It reminds me of something, but for the life of me I can't think what it is...

shaunb

Veteran
Thanks guys.
I've been told it has a bit of a 90's feel to it, so it seems to go back a bit.
a lot of my favourite music is from the 90's, so I'm happy with that.

Most of my stuff is heavier rock, but I might do an EP of this lighter material. It's really enjoyable to work this way.

Top Bottom