Updated to quantum 3.0 from 11.03 and I hate it

Some one help !

I have been running my 11.03 for a while, everytime I updated it my rhythm channel sounded crap no matter how I tweak it compared to the 11.03.

Anyways, I'm using the recto red "2 channel" with a Mesa cab with 11.03 and I got it sounding very similar to the real thing!

Then I update to quantum 3.0 and it sounded like digital fake garbage and no matter what I do to tweak it "I even purchased the cab pack 7 "Mesa cab pack" it still sounds like a thin digital sound compared to what I had.

What is the go ? And what is everyone doing with the new firmware to make the amps sound realistic for the recto 1

That's a big jump.

From my perspective, the big change happened between 17 and 18. It took a LONG time for me to get the tones I used up through 17 back. I had to do spectrum analysis and use some pretty hefty parametric and graphic EQ.

And even then, it's not 100%. Probably 90%.

The bottom line is, it just sounds different, and even if you start over from scratch, the sound you had before might not be in there without a lot more 'processing' on your end (EQ). It's just the way it is.

That's a big jump.

From my perspective, the big change happened between 17 and 18. It took a LONG time for me to get the tones I used up through 17 back. I had to do spectrum analysis and use some pretty hefty parametric and graphic EQ.

And even then, it's not 100%. Probably 90%.

The bottom line is, it just sounds different, and even if you start over from scratch, the sound you had before might not be in there without a lot more 'processing' on your end (EQ). It's just the way it is.

Ahhh ok :), well luckily I have all my stuff saved so I'll just down grade back to 11.03. I only did it to try these IR cabs I purchased but it required 13 so I might just try that one and see how I go hahaha

Keep in mind that any patch you save in V18 or higher will be 'blank' in a lower version. You'll have to reload your old patches.

I think you'll find that anywhere up to and including 17 will work for you - there will be differences, for sure, but nothing like the jump to 18.

Keep in mind that any patch you save in V18 or higher will be 'blank' in a lower version. You'll have to reload your old patches.

I think you'll find that anywhere up to and including 17 will work for you - there will be differences, for sure, but nothing like the jump to 18.
Ok thanks :)

Try this; take one of your favorite presets insert another amp block (amp2). Reset it, choose the same amp model as amp1, manually edit it beginning with the basics to be set up like amp1. Switch between them. Does it still sound bad?

Try this; take one of your favorite presets insert another amp block (amp2). Reset it, choose the same amp model as amp1, manually edit it beginning with the basics to be set up like amp1. Switch between them. Does it still sound bad?
I'll give that's a go when I get back on it, I got the shits and turned it off hahaha

What is the go ?
Try using the THORDENDAL MDRN amp model. Here's a direct quote from Cliff.

What happened was this: the old Recto models weren't terribly accurate. When G3 came out the models were accurate but Fredrik contacted me and said something like "ahhhhh, I loved the old Recto model". So I took the old Recto models and made them "Thordendal" models.

Also, make sure you didn't get something in the Global settings screwed up. Could be Cabinet Modeling or Power Amp Modeling got set to off... I recall seeing that be a culprit several times in the past.

FW 11.xx was released in 2013. 3 years of changes will no doubt sound different. many new features as well.

i would treat the Axe-Fx as a completely new unit with that much change.

Agreed - start your patches from scratch with that big of a fw leap -you will probably find they will end up sounding better...

As stated above, that's such a big change in the platform that it's worth recreating your patches. I bought my AxeFX when FW13 was current,and it's been amazing to have the progressive releases from FAS over the years. The latest Quantum release is incredibly good.

We all like digital fake garbage. That's our end game. 11.03 was the point where everyone @ FAS said we're sick of this thing sounding awesome, let's make it suck.
giphy.gif

Back
Top Bottom