updated to 19 beta, BB PRE SUPER LOUD!!!

Hmmm, never heard ANY mention of this in the FW19 thread.....

Perhaps ask for a refund on the purchase price of the FW19 BETA version you were given the opportunity to download, and which was stated to have some possible bugs ?

In the meantime, turn down the level, use a different pedal, or simply wait for the ACTUAL release to come out ?

Works just like the real thing here. Tons of gain (60 dB), too much IMO but I didn't design it. The company claims 30 dB of gain but apparently they don't understand how to compute voltage gain in dB. Most of these pedal "designers" don't really know much about electronics. They take a tube screamer, tinker with some values and then pay lots of money for endorsements and videos so they can justify selling $10 worth of parts for $250.

Works just like the real thing here. Tons of gain (60 dB), too much IMO but I didn't design it. The company claims 30 dB of gain but apparently they don't understand how to compute voltage gain in dB. Most of these pedal "designers" don't really know much about electronics. They take a tube screamer, tinker with some values and then pay lots of money for endorsements and videos so they can justify selling $10 worth of parts for $250.

I have a real one. Loved it in front of my Marshall. Works great in front of my Axe II mark 1 also. Never compared the model to the real one.

Just watch the movie FUZZ (sorry, I bought the last copy from Amazon) and it becomes readily apparent how overrated/overpriced this stuff is (except for Keeley, a real EE, and a scant few others).

Ha!! [emoji12]
It's funny because it's true!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the real one. The modeled one is definitely LOUDER. Maybe my real one is defective. I'll agree, the real one is loud already...but the modeled one....use with caution.

Hmmm, never heard ANY mention of this in the FW19 thread.....

Perhaps ask for a refund on the purchase price of the FW19 BETA version you were given the opportunity to download, and which was stated to have some possible bugs ?

In the meantime, turn down the level, use a different pedal, or simply wait for the ACTUAL release to come out ?
Not sure why when someone mentions a possible bug or provides feedback to a beta the response is often to belittle or deny the feedback. The whole idea of a community is that people can provide feedback to help make the product better. Not like FAS hasn't let a bug slip by them that if it wasn't for someone in the community it would have gone unnoticed and unfixed.

I too have a BB Pre in front of a Mesa RK II.. works well when dialed in correctly. too much, is too much, when tinkering with the knobs. YMMV with the real thing, as it should with individual setups.

Unuseable, any help???

I tried reducing the mix, a lot, in order to move the volume up from just beyond 0 ( I think it read 1.24 prior to adjusting mix). Never decreased the mix before with the drive pedals prior to FW 19. May have to drop the mix below 50%.

I tried reducing the mix, a lot, in order to move the volume up from just beyond 0 ( I think it read 1.24 prior to adjusting mix). Never decreased the mix before with the drive pedals prior to FW 19. May have to drop the mix below 50%.
Have you tried reducing the level? Reducing the mix will take away the drive pedal's effect, not necessarily the volume.

Actually, it was the level that I turned down to 1.24. Sorry, no volume knob, just level. The drive has to be dropped as well to match the real pedal.

Honestly, never liked the pedals that much. I like using my BB , RC booster and a couple others in front. They work very good in front of the axe-fx XL+.

Not sure why when someone mentions a possible bug or provides feedback to a beta the response is often to belittle or deny the feedback. The whole idea of a community is that people can provide feedback to help make the product better. Not like FAS hasn't let a bug slip by them that if it wasn't for someone in the community it would have gone unnoticed and unfixed.

Well for one thing, its a beta release, and Cliff even mentions there may be bugs. No one is forced to try it after all, yet people take an attitude that they are owed something. Was the guy politely mentioning a possible bug ? No, he started his own thread just to exclaim that its "unusable" to him.

Why not take 5 minutes and skip the dedicated thread which is at the very top of this page and see its been addressed before, or if not, post it there ?

People take this attitude that what they have an issue with is someone how more important than any other issue, because hey..it affects them.

Other people can read the threads, contribute there, when its a problem that affects me I need to go and make a post about it, in all caps....

There are two things that are like clockwork around here, people complaining and people complaining about how a complainer was treated.

Cliff could go and release FW20 Beta tomorrow and specifically state that it doesn't have a certain feature yet, and I swear, not 5 minutes later, people would start posting threads complaining about how something is missing.

You've posted 26 times, your probably don't spend as much time on these forums as some folks do, but when you see the same behavior, and same questions (sometimes posted literally right below a sticky thread about the exact same issue) it gets a bit old.

fwiw, it was crazy loud in the first beta for me as well...like immediate squealing/feedback loud. second beta fixed it. i didn't mention it because i had to roll back for some gigs but it definitely caught me off guard.

Select the drive block.
Make note of your settings.
Double tap the bypass on the front of the Axe-FX 2.
Reselect the BB Pre and re-enter your settings.

It seemed to help me on 19b01. I didn't have the issue on 19b02, but that may be because I had already reset the block. That said, the thing does have a cubic assload of gain.

Back
Top Bottom