Updated to 15.2 now sounds thin

frankiev

Experienced
After updating it seems everything sounds very thin and a bit raspy . I think Ive read of this happening before when the software does not install properly .Should I just reinstall 15.2 again or is there a different way to go about it

It sounds well balanced on my end, but i loaded all the new presets after updating. So if you don't have a lot of investment in your presets, you could try the same.

That doesn't sound right.
I would reinstall FW.
Make sure your MFC is not connected if you have one.
I like to install the new presets then.
If anything, the new FW is a little darker and thicker and bass heavy on some of the stock presets.

Ill redo the install next chance I get .I did the "update all presets in the utility menu after installing the new presets

I have found some strange anomalies. Levels on certain FX at zero, etc.

Try bypassing all FX, and turning one on to see what the offending one might be. Try it with ALL the blocks.

It wasn't hard to find once I figured that something was reset to a value that didn't make sense. It's not universal, but it's a 'FW15.02' lesson learned.

R

I am curious to what might be causing this. After my update, I did a reset, and then uploaded the new preset's. Everything seems to be rocking, getting some great tones, and the TM is even nicer now. "Thanks Cliff"

Check you cabs, especially if you are using Y states, make sure speaker size is at 1. Also, in patches with multiple cab, check to see that motor drive is on 0 zero on both OR on a non zero value on both. If one is on a non 0 value and the other is on 0 you get issues.

Back
Top Bottom