Updated Practice Rig

aleclee

Power User
Pretty much everything has changed except the monitors:
  • Wood rack from nice-racks.com
  • Carvin AC120 (dig the sequential power up/power down)
  • Funk Logic DD-301 (warms the signal nicely)
  • AxeFx II (of course)
  • Mackie MR5 monitors
  • MFC-101 and netbook (not pictured)
The Axe II's USB capability let me repurpose the Alesis USB mixer I was using to play backing tracks and record clips. That and the new rack have definitely tidied things up. All that tone in a package that gets spousal approval for living room use. :)

AxeII.jpg

Good wife. I have very limited areas where I can put my gear in the house, because it doesn't match the furniture.

I'm disappointed that nice-racks.com sells studio gear.
I was expecting something entirely different. :D

By the way, nice rack!

Good wife. I have very limited areas where I can put my gear in the house, because it doesn't match the furniture.
I hear ya. Keeping my Hot Rod Deluxe in the living room was never a long-term option, especially for post-bedtime playing. The current setup doesn't "match" the furniture but it's sufficiently non-industrial to get spousal approval. Here's a wider shot of the old rig, with Ultra, rack bag, and Alesis mixer. The netbook is still on the tray table but it'll probably end up on a music stand shortly.

AxePractice.jpg

$40 is a lot to spend on a blank space filler. I'll stick with the cheap-O's. :)
I got a few of the Funk Logic plates as a throw-in when I bought a bunch of gear from a buddy selling off his recording gear. It was my only 1U filler on hand so it was actually cheaper to put that in than a blank plate.

Attachments

• AxePractice.jpg
    AxePractice.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 9
Back
Top Bottom