Updated: Now I am getting the Magic of FullRez IRs... Holy Cow, they are thrilling!

I commend Mr. Chase on his efforts and continued improvements. However, this is a feature I will probably never use. I don't play through headphones and I already get a killer AITR feel and sound using the celestion f12-x200 speakers. I could also see this being useful for recording which I rarely even do anymore.

There's a thread with a side by side comparison of a preset with FullRes cab and one with AITR sound achieved using reverb (I believe in the Cab block). Apologies, I could not find it or I would have included a link. In any case, both presets sound great and are very close. IMO, the FullRes is a very cool new feature for those who will use it for recording and headphone use but it certainly doesn't make the Ax III Mk1 obsolete. Also, IMO, it's not something that many of us really need or will use much since we can simulate it very well with the Mk1. Having said that, it is impressive that the folks at FA continue to push the technology forward. That is one of the key things that make their products so amazing.

There's already a zoom control, just update Axe Edit

Still doesn't allow me to go beyond 12ms? And weirdly with the Valhallir FR IRs, I see profile for the L IR, but the R one is a straight line?

Increasing the distance simply moves everything to the right (and off of the zoomed in screen..)

Am I missing something here?

OP and thread title updated, LOL...

I am redialing in all my patches to include the excellent FullRez IRs provided by @York Audio , the headphone playing experience is definitely another level now....

The only caveat is that I need to remove all the un-used blocks to save DSP for FullRez IRs, to prevent the CPU meter hitting WARNING zone...
1633221967625.png

an IR can't be fake so they can't ever sound fake, the reflections are always real so they will always be in agreement, even if the space size is ridiculously small
In agreement with itself, but not necessarily with the cab IR you're using, could be different amps, cabs, mics, rooms, etc.

I had a bunch of those Celestion IRs, had them for years, but they are at most 500ms long, that's not FullRez IRs, no?
The Celestion IRs are not Full Res, but you can load the 500ms Room Mic IRs into Full Res and adjust their placement within the 1300ms available. Full Res can use samples that are shorter than the maximum. Even if it isn't taking 100% advantage of Full Res capabilities, 500ms for room mics sound very good.

Last edited:
Whoa!!! I've gone and done it now: Stereo Cabs as the Mains, Push those room mics back, turn 'em up a bit and turn on the Rotary. Too much fun.

Whoa!!! I've gone and done it now: Stereo Cabs as the Mains, Push those room mics back, turn 'em up a bit and turn on the Rotary. Too much fun.
Those fullRez room IR provided by York Audio are already sitting far back/away by default, it sound really good to me, no need to adjust the distance manually.

Back
Top Bottom