Updated my Axe but AE shows "incompatible FW version"

Mr.RangoTango

Experienced
I don't know what it is with my axe and the fw updates .. but now Axe Edit tells me that I have an incompatible firmware version even though I already have updated my axe to firmware 16.04.1 :(

thanks

Did you load the -XL software into a non-XL unit (or vise versa)? That could cause a incompatible firmware message.

Did you load the -XL software into a non-XL unit (or vise versa)? That could cause a incompatible firmware message.

You can't load XL firmware into a non-XL unit. The files are incompatible and if you somehow managed you would render the unit inoperable.

god damn it.... First it ruined my chances to try some sweet presets and now it simply just stands in my way. I hate the XL with all of my heart ;)

Thank you Greg H. It works perfectly now :)

yeah I actually was aware of that, but I just missed the "XL" part of the download :) Thanks again!
I could make fun of you....but I kind of did the same thing myself before so I probably will not be make fun of you.

It's the FAS new FW endorphin rush; causes sweaty palms, attention deficit and reading difficulties. :)

Back
Top Bottom