Cygnus ready: JP IIc - Mark IV - Triaxis - JC 120 - Metal / Prog Preset with user IRs

phil92

Experienced
[Edit] updated both 6 string and 7 string patch dialled in for Cygnus!

This is my slightly Petrucci-esque Metal preset tailored to my JPX 6 string. I am working on a 7 string version of this as well, tailored to, you guessed it, my JPX 7. Nothing is ever final; I switch stuff around all the time, but I'm pretty happy with this one.

39123627_1812054785498919_5787677879735156736_o.jpg

I am including a cab mix I did that goes into slot 1 of the cab block's channel C (basically of what's in channel A of the cab block), a Palmer IR that goes into slot 4 (found that on the forum here, adds a bit of bite and clarity) and a tone match of the Horizon Precision Drive that goes into the IR player.

Happy shredding, let me know how it goes.

Edit:

slightly updated preset with the newly modeled Precision Drive and Cooper's Pitch Block emulating the Mimiq Pedal. Also added the preset dialed in for my 7 string JPX

Attachments

• U1.0026_MES ST V70 Mix 2.syx
    10.1 KB · Views: 500
  • U1.0044_Palmer Norm UltraRes.syx
    10.1 KB · Views: 463
  • U1.0020_Precision Drive Attack 1.syx
    10.1 KB · Views: 433
  • JPIIc Mark IV Rig 6$ Cygnus.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 191
  • JPIIc Mark IV Rig 7$ Cygnus.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 159
Last edited:
Cool, thanks for sharing! :)

I guess I'll have to work on the ol' biceps....
77f766c56b36f2b7921324589cef0acb.gif

right there with ya brother.
This is my slightly Petrucci-esque Metal preset tailored to my JPX 6 string. I am working on a 7 string version of this as well, tailored to, you guessed it, my JPX 7. Nothing is ever final; I switch stuff around all the time, but I'm pretty happy with this one.

View attachment 69826

I am including a cab mix I did that goes into slot 1 of the cab block's channel C (basically of what's in channel A of the cab block), a Palmer IR that goes into slot 4 (found that on the forum here, adds a bit of bite and clarity) and a tone match of the Horizon Precision Drive that goes into the IR player.

Happy shredding, let me know how it goes.
mine 1 .pngKiesel Aries 7 .png

I'll try it again shortly, loaded that Horizon Drive into it before and got nothing. Not next to my III at the moment, so I'll let you know if I get it to work when I have more time

let me know if it doesn’t. But it’s not at all essential to the preset, more like an option. In fact it’s on bypass in all scenes.

What a great preset! Thanks for sharing.

I too had trouble with the IR player for some reason. I dragged the IR into the player and got no sound. Once I saved the preset, then used the picker option in the IR player to re-choose the IR, it suddenly worked. Odd.

This is by far the best patch I have downloaded on the forums. I normally do not post, but felt the need to get this out there so others can make sure to add it.

I have played it on my Les Paul 61' Reissue, AS Strat and Ibanez Prestige with ToneZone and AirNortons and it sounds great with all. Can't wait to try some other guitars, but great work man.

sorry guys im not getting any sound after loading the preset and add the 2 cab IR and precision drive in the IR player. Any chance if you may know what's wrong?

Back
Top Bottom