Updated - For you guys: 242 amps - 242 presets - on Axe Fx II Mark 1

parlopower

Inspired
UPDATE 2 -

Have uploaded a new version of the banks. The new ones have the reverb block in every preset set to "high" quality. It was randomly set to "normal" or "high" in the version before.

UPDATE -

This is an updated upload of my presets:

There was a good comment about the gate block being used in the presets, especially after the input gate already being active. So I thought I delete the gate block from all the presets. Therefore, all presets in these banks go simply amp - cab - reverb.

Everything else regarding amps, cabs and reverb is the same. I have not only deleted the gate block, but also set the input gate to a ratio of 1 on every preset, so that it is completely inactive. Of course that is not good for every amp, but I wanted - for my own use at least - all presets to be identical except for amp and cab (therefore also the same reverb on all presets).

These bank files have different file names so you can tell them apart from the old ones.

Hope you enjoy them!

Here's the original text of this thread:

--
I have created a preset for every single amp in the Axe Fx II Mark 1, Firmware Quantum 2. Of course it works also with every other Axe Fx II model. All the presets are built like this:

Noise Gate - Amp - Cab - Reverb

- The amps are simply going through the list in alphabetical order - preset 000 starts with the 5F1 and it ends with the Wrecker Rocket in preset 242.
- The cabs were chosen to be as authentic as possible, trying to stick to the list of recommended cabs from the Axe II Wiki. All cabs are factory cabs, except for the Gibbon Scout which is a user cab. It was either one of the Ultrares IRs that come bundled with the firmware update Quantum 2 or one from the now free Cab Pack 1, so you can easily get it to get the patch working (or choose something else you like!). Interestingly, I found myself using the same cabs time and again, especially the F054 Pre-Rola and the F103 Basketweave TV Mix.
- The Reverb on every preset is the Medium Room, so it just adds a bit of natural space, not really an effect.

Here are some infos:
- There are two bank files. The first one has the amps from 5F1 Tweed to Gibtone Scout, the second one from Herbie Ch 2+ to Wrecker Rocket (plus a few empty ones after that).
- There is a pdf file (Excel sheet was not allowed for upload) with a list of all the amps and the cabs that were used on them.
- I have no idea how these presets will sound for you! Because I...
...created them all with my guitar, a PRS SE Mike Mushok Baritone with 12-60 Daddario strings, standard D tuning, with a Bareknuckle Painkiller at the bridge and a DiMarzio Humbucker From Hell at the neck. This guitar and setup is not suitable for every amp!
...created them all using headphones!
...did not check the bass presets at all, they "are just there", with a randomly selected bass cab, I have not tested them!
...have only real life experience with very few of these amps - specifically Marshalls and Engls. I never owned a Boogie, Recto, or any of these boutique amps like Dumbles. Now I have read many times that especially Mesa Boogies (like the IIC+) are difficult to dial in. I am surprised how many presets I created for Boogies and Dumbles and other boutique amps that I really really disliked, amps that are supposed to sound excellent. So I book this under "preset programmer (that's me!) has no clue of this amp and messes up by choosing the wrong cab or amp settings or whatever". So, all this is might just be good for you to make your own presets faster because for each amp you want to use, there is a preset with the necessary blocks in place and shunts in between and off you go changing it to your liking.

I would be very happy to receive your feedback, which presets you liked, which were horrible (I find several of them horrible, so no need to spare me from the "hard truth", lol!), and you could even improve upon them, e.g. if you know how to dial in a Boogie Mark IV to make it sound awesome, just change those presets and upload the bank with the changes, or the single presets for everybody to implement them!

One last word:
In another thread where I announced these would soon come, somebody expressed the desire to make a donation for my work. I will not accept one Penny for myself, especially since I don't know if these presets are any good for anybody. I have received a lot freely from this community and this is my free contribution. If you still feel the desire to give something back for these presets, donate to a charity instead. (If you don't know to which one - a friend of mine works with orphans and disaster relief in the Philippines, he is grateful for every Dollar. I can pass on donations straight to him. I can assure you it is in excellent use there and not one Cent is wasted on administration overheads and such.)

Attachments

• All_Amps.pdf
    65.7 KB · Views: 465
  • Q2_5F1-GibScout.syx
    810.9 KB · Views: 79
  • Q2_Herbie-WreckRock.syx
    810.9 KB · Views: 76
Last edited:
i think this is a great collection. i've wanted to do something like this for a while, but just no time.

to me, this is a great starting point if you're unfamiliar with the Axe or an amp model in particular. add effects as necessary, but it really starts with the Amp and Cab alone.

the clean amps are a bit gainy, so if you're looking for clean, don't be afraid to reduce the Drive a lot and then turn up the Level to compensate.

great job!

Thank you for using your time to benefit the community.
May the Force be with you!

Last edited:
Thank you everybody for the friendly feedback!

I am very keen on hearing what you think of the patches. Before this exercise, I had tried maybe 30 amps, the rest was all new to me. I also wonder how these presets Sound with Strats or Teles or Les Pauls, instead of my 27.7''-high-output-humbucker-downtuned-guitar!

I learned a lot, which is probably "VERY old news" to most here, but I had only a few amps in my life and never took much effort in exploring everything in the Axe before, I always stuck to a few favourite patches.
What I learned:
- The cab makes up 50% of the sound and plays as much a role as the amp itself. Prior to trying around with it so much during this process, I knew cabs are important, but underestimated how important.
- I ever played a real JCM800 and it was horribly bad. I stayed away from Marshalls for years after that. Now I LOVE a lot of the Axe's Marshall models, especially Plexis on High / Treble setting.
- Never having owned one, I was always under the false impression that Fender amps are always very clean. Now I love them even more for how they break up.
- All the Vox AC30 circuit based amps like the AC-20, Boutique 1 and 2, Matchbox D30 or Ruby Rocket sound much much better to my taste than the original Vox AC30.
- I am either totally incapable of dialing in a Mesa Boogie IIC+ or Mark IV or these amps are just not my taste at all. Given my lack of experience with them and the fact how many great players use and love them, I assume option #1.
- I found some amps I really LOVED that I would never have tried out apart from this complete run-through, I never even heard before of the actual amps; Car Roamer, Div/13 and Two Stone for example.
- When choosing sounds for my own productions, I seem to favour the classics. From clean to high gain, my choice of amp for the specific sounds goes something like this: Clean: USA Clean; slight breakup: Fenders; nicely saturated / slightly distorted: Vox clones and Plexis; high gain rhythm: Engl and Hot Rodded Marshalls; high gain lead: Marshall JCM410 OD2 Red. Looks like the classics are classics for a reason...

As a relative neophyte to nice amps in general -- and the AxeFX in particular -- thanks for sharing your thoughts (and of course for the amazing upload!!).

As fun as the stock presets are, I really think these are the presets that will most benefit those of us who haven't had the good fortune to have played dozens of different real-world amps. This will let people quickly get their bearings -- many thanks!

I gave your presets a little run and first thing I noticed are the Gate Blocks active.....I personally don't use them , max for a very high gain patch...Clean : no
But at the INPUT block : there is also an Active Gate....sound much better without them.
Then I put in the Cab block a basic 100hz low cut
Amp : 150hz lowcut and EQ on default....

Check preset attached.....I will continue to put all the other amps for myself in this Template and change the cabs according to your pdf file...great collection of Amp / Cabs !
Thanks !

Changed Reverb to my settings and done , GREAT sounds.....:):):)

Attachments

• 5F8 Tweed.syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 38
Question: is there a general consensus that everything sounds much better without a noise gate?

I'm pretty new to this, but I can't tell much appreciable difference (or maybe it's just that it's so helpful, I'm ignoring a difference).

Question: is there a general consensus that everything sounds much better without a noise gate?

I'm pretty new to this, but I can't tell much appreciable difference (or maybe it's just that it's so helpful, I'm ignoring a difference).
Well, no general thing because what ' sounds better ' to you, I might not like that much and vice versa...
It is definitely very helpful when playing with more gain, the noise gets 'stopped' by the Gate...so when you stop playing , it is dead silence.....I loved to do this when playing with the Prog Metal bands....completely silence and hit the strings and what a volume / sound hitting like Hell came down...:D:D:D

Like mentioned , listen to it .....I don't use it for other styles...just close the guitar volume very fast...and that little noise no one will hear in the band mix.

More importantly :
If the Noise Gate is active , it will always want to close your sound when holding long notes...so natural vibrate can sometimes be cut off by the gate if settings are not done correctly !:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Back
Top Bottom