Updated firmware, now MFC not switching patches!

Poparad

Power User
I know this is an MFC issue, but I have to leave in two hours for two gigs tonight, and this forum gets way more traffic.

I have an AxeII MKII and MFC MK II. I just updated both to the latest firmwares (Quantum 1.01 and MFC 3.08 ). I was previously running both on the immediately previous firmwares. I just updated all the IA switches on the MFC since 3.08 rearranged the assignments, but I discovered that the patch change buttons (I have the bottom row assigned to it) aren't working. They'll change the patch number on the MFC, the Axe indicates it's getting MIDI data when I press it, but the Axe doesn't change patches, and the MFC patch name says synced to the patch on the Axe. If I change patches on the Axe, both the Axe and MFC change together correctly. All of my IAs and expression pedals work just fine.

So let's say I'm on 001 on the Axe and MFC and it's called "Clean." The MFC and Axe both read "001 Clean." If I changed to patch 002, which we'll call "Dirty," the MFC will read "002 Clean" and the Axe will still be on "001 Clean." If I change patches on the Axe, both read "002 Dirty."

Yesterday I was getting some weird issues with the MFC not working at all. The IAs wouldn't do anything (the colors wouldn't even change), patch changes wouldn't work, and expression wouldn't work. Several reboots fixed it. I was trying to sync the Axe MIDI to Reason via USB, so that may have messed something up.

SOLVED! Dumbass moment, which I figured was the case. I had "Prog Change" in the I/O menu set to off. I must've accidentally changed that while messing with the MIDI options for Reason this week (which I never really did get to sync up 100%).

Back
Top Bottom