Updated Dick Dale - Misirlou Preset

Stringtheorist

Fractal Fanatic
It still needs some EQing to nail the recording I think... and heavier strings would work better than the 009s I use, but anyway here's the preset. Would like to know what folks think...

Attachments

• Misirlou.syx.zip
    747 bytes · Views: 246
Hi Stringtheorist!

Couldn't try the patch on that day, but I did last night...

My verdict: outstanding job! Thumbs up! I'll be definitely using your patch for my future surf style recordings. Many thanks for posting it!

Greets,
Raul

raulin said:
Hi Stringtheorist!

My verdict: outstanding job! Thumbs up! I'll be definitely using your patch for my future surf style recordings. Many thanks for posting it!

Greets,
Raul
Great! What's your setup? (amp & cab or FRFR?)

Stringtheorist said:
raulin said:
Hi Stringtheorist!

Greets,
Raul
Great! What's your setup? (amp & cab or FRFR?)

At the moment I use it exclusively for recording and rehearsing at home. I'm using my Standard direct via analog output to my PC, with near field monitors (ESI nEar 05) for mixing and monitoring.

I loaded your patch on my Standard last night and just couldn't stop playing with it :p ... and that's exactly what I'm doing right now as well :mrgreen: ... The Axe is such a fun device to play with, most of all when you have the right patch with the right sound... Thanks again for posting it!

Greets from sunny southern Spain!
Raul

ST, great patch and thank you for sharing it. I really liked it and will eventually weave into some of the music we're doing. I love the 'verb and the presence!!! I did, however, shave a few suggestive grams of amp treble off for my purposes. I really dig this patch!

Eventually will break out ye ol' "Bless Its Pointed Little Head" (Jefferson Airplane). I'm sure I can apply your creative patch to match some 'Plastic Fantastic Lover' and other faves types of tones... as well as some killer surf.

Well done, ST. gt

Back
Top Bottom