Updated Cab-Lab on new computer

REDD

Fractal Fanatic
I'm using a new laptop and today I downloaded the new CABLAB version and my Ilok manager but it won't let me open it. I put my activation code in and it won't take it. Do I need a new code for a new computer?

If your license was saved locally (not on an iLok) you must de-activate the Cab-Lab license(s) from your old computer and reactivate them on your new computer.

To deactivate Cab-Lab on your old computer:
1. Run the iLok License Manager on your old computer and sign in.
2. Locate the two Cab-Lab licenses.
3. Right-click on each of the Cab-Lab licenses and choose "Deactivate" from the menu. This will add the licenses to your "Available" tab at the top of your iLok License Manager screen.

To reactivate Cab-Lab on your new computer:
1. Run the iLok License Manager on your new computer and sign in.
2. Select the "Available" tab at the top of the iLok License Manager.
3. Right-click on each of the Cab-Lab licenses and choose "Activate" from the menu.

You should now be able to use Cab-Lab on your new computer.

If your license was saved locally (not on an iLok) you must de-activate the Cab-Lab license(s) from your old computer and reactivate them on your new computer.

3. Right-click on each of the Cab-Lab licenses and choose "Deactivate" from the menu. This will add the licenses to your "Available" tab at the top of your iLok License Manager screen.

3. Right-click on each of the Cab-Lab licenses and choose "Activate" from the menu.

Thanks! I'll give it a go.

Hello. I updated my computer from Win7 to Win10 and now I can't reactivite my CabLab (it simply doesn't deactivates my license). May be someone have any idea how to solve it? Thank you :)

Any ideas how to get cab lab up and running on a new laptop, following a hard drive failure of the previous laptop? i.e. i cant access the old laptop to deactivate the licence??

I'd contact Fractal support - it's probably easier for them to re-issue you with a new code and inform iLok that the old one should be killed/transferred back to vendor.

That nearly happened to me 2 weeks ago ..... but luckily it wasn't HD failure (it had CPU related problem) but after a few false starts my old laptop booted and managed to stay alive just long enough to be able to transfer my licence to my new laptop via the iLok program.

After reinstalling on a new hardisk because the old one was broken, I realized I could not do the operation you described above.
How can I reset and reinstall now, Cab-Lab (standalone)?
Thanks! (sorry I'm using Google Translate) :(

Back
Top Bottom