Implemented Updated “Room” in the Cab block

York Audio

Fractal Fanatic
Vendor
It would be great if we could update the cab block to have the ability to choose a warmer and more realistic room sound. I mentioned it a long time ago for the Axe II, but hoping the III has enough horsepower for the job.

Null with proximity settings plus the room setting isn't enough for you????? Forget whats missing in that with the III.

......................Must turn more knobs...........

Null with proximity settings plus the room setting isn't enough for you????? Forget whats missing in that with the III.

......................Must turn more knobs...........

What I’m wishing for is an upgraded Reverb, not EQ. It’s the difference between playing in an untreated bright room and playing in an acoustically treated room that gives you depth without harshness.

It works great using a Reverb block after the cab, but it would be nice to have it all in one spot.

What I’m wishing for is an upgraded Reverb, not EQ. It’s the difference between playing in an untreated bright room and playing in an acoustically treated room that gives you depth without harshness.

It works great using a Reverb block after the cab, but it would be nice to have it all in one spot.
...like the Ocean Way UAD plug-in....

...like the Ocean Way UAD plug-in....

I don’t have that plug-in, but it sounds like it does what I’m talking about. They make great stuff, so I’m sure it sounds fantastic.

Maybe a way to implement it without eating up too much CPU would be to use a verb like Studio Room C, give it a 0-1 second decay range with lower density, take out all of the advanced parameters and just have a Room High Cut and Low Cut for tonal shaping. Put a mix knob on it and you’ve got a great way to add depth to your tone without adding harsh top end.

The room stuff in the Cab block is a stripped-down, simplified version of the early reflections generator in the Reverb block. I recommend using the Reverb block instead.
That makes sense, and I understand if it can’t be implemented. Thanks for chiming in.

That makes sense, and I understand if it can’t be implemented. Thanks for chiming in.

It can be implemented and I was contemplating it but busy with a lot of other things. If you just want the "room" stuff turn the reverb level down and the early reflections level up.

Our reverb algorithm does both early reflections and late reverb. Some algorithmic reverbs just do the late part. So the stuff in the cab block is redundant. I almost took it out.

It can be implemented and I was contemplating it but busy with a lot of other things. If you just want the "room" stuff turn the reverb level down and the early reflections level up.

Our reverb algorithm does both early reflections and late reverb. Some algorithmic reverbs just do the late part. So the stuff in the cab block is redundant. I almost took it out.

I have tried very hard to use it and like it, but i find a more realistic sound using the Rev Block.

The room stuff in the Cab block is a stripped-down, simplified version of the early reflections generator in the Reverb block. I recommend using the Reverb block instead.
Oh, this really clears things up for me. I wasn’t sure how describe what I was hearing based on playing with the setting alone. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom