Update,...

bluesmostly

Inspired
Haven't checked in here for a while, I am still on FW 6.00. What am I in for when I take some time in the next couple of days to update to the newest FW?

You're in for a good time once you get there!

I would start with the release version of Quantum 8. Install the latest factory presets as well.
If. you mean pre-quantum 6.00, I would probably also instinctively perform "RESET SYSTEM PARAMETERS" in the Utility menu after the update. If you have your own presets, learn to "Reset the Amp Block".

If your pre quantum then lots of things have changed and best is to start from scratch. This because so much has changed in stomps and amp modeling.

Btw maybe wait till quantum 9 is out of beta as it has some improved delays and speaker stuff.

Else start with quantum 8.02

OK, uplaoded FW 8.02 and some of the presets, both my own and the factory ones, are way out of wack volume wise, over the top clipping, output levels. what is the best way to make the adjustments for that?

OK, uplaoded FW 8.02 and some of the presets, both my own and the factory ones, are way out of wack volume wise, over the top clipping, output levels. what is the best way to make the adjustments for that?

Redo your presets.

We're on FW9, and there is no road map for 'change this, do that'. Reset the amp block, and start anew.

If you are completely happy with what you have in FW 6, stay there. Otherwise if you want to update, be ready to start again. Some things will be okay, but others will radically change. Read the release notes for what has changed. Price of advancement.

Happy Axe'ing.

Also for factory ones it'd be worth downloading the preset banks for your model of AxeFX from the main site and then replacing the factory banks on your AFX if you haven't already. All presets were revised at FAS orbiting HQ for Q8, and are nicely leveled and sounding lovely.

Back
Top Bottom