Update to FAMC / Liquid Foot website

I actually tried to buy liquid foot jr+. Emailed them maybe 5 times, not a single reply.
the worst thing is, they actually made great products, but the communication issue is so frustrating.
Still have my LF mini and if it had a couple more expression ports like Jr + would be a perfect midi controller.

I actually tried to buy liquid foot jr+. Emailed them maybe 5 times, not a single reply.
the worst thing is, they actually made great products, but the communication issue is so frustrating.
Still have my LF mini and if it had a couple more expression ports like Jr + would be a perfect midi controller.

I’ve been thinking about getting a small controller for my Axe-Fx II and pedals. I was thinking about the LF Mini or the Mastermind LT.

I’ve been thinking about getting a small controller for my Axe-Fx II and pedals. I was thinking about the LF Mini or the Mastermind LT.

Do you have an Axe-Fx II or III? The LF+ works the best with the II but is buggy with the III. I use my LF+ with my II XL+ and use my Mastermind GT 22 with my III and Helix.

The LF+ bugs are mainly with real-time syncing with the II and III but doesn't have many issues as just a regular MIDI foot controller (MFC) for controlling MIDI gear. It's actually pretty easy to program as just a regular MFC but very confusing for the Axe-Fx real-time sync bc of the lack of a good manual that actually explains details.

It's such a shame that he pulls these stunts rather than just be honest about where he's at with the company. Yes, sites do get attacked, but not with the frequency and severity he claims. Especially the sites of nearly dead small companies in a niche market like this. Unless he's just completely incompetent at setting up a site. Which is possible. But I think it's far more likely he's completely making this up.

The product is awesome, and had such potential. Who knows what the X series could have been (if it ever really existed). I don't get why he still wants to pretend this is still a functioning company. If he doesn't want to shut it down, ideally open sourcing the code, it'd be far better if he just was honest and said this is a side project that he fits in around whatever his day job is. I've been a customer long enough to know what to expect. It mostly works fine for me with the III, and I was honestly surprised and grateful to get anything for the III at all.

But for people buying these used under the illusion they'll have support, I feel bad. And if he is still actually taking orders for whatever new stock he still has, that's shameful.

The product is awesome, and had such potential. Who knows what the X series could have been (if it ever really existed).

Jeff posted pictures of the X-16 in early 2015. It was supposed to be wireless and have larger displays that you could add pictures and text to, so you could have a picture of the amp or pedal assigned to the foot switch. Jeff even mentioned that the X-Series would be released earlier this year but then disappeared again.

I'm pretty sure the website was hacked because it has sub domains that are flagged as hacked. I wouldn't doubt that it was by an upset customer.

The most concerning thing is if any customer data has been hacked because they could have accessed our credit card numbers and contact info.

I also confirmed his teenage son had brain cancer a couple years ago and there's a post about it on Facebook.

Hopefully before Jeff pulls the plug on FAMC and disappears for good, he releases the code as open source to his customers, so if any of us are programmers, we can try to fix the bugs ourselves.

I can believe it was hacked. Once. Maybe twice. But if it's still being hacked every time it goes down, he's not doing what's needed to protect it. And the whole "we're working through tickets and are almost caught up!" thing he posts every time seems like it's untrue, or he just has absolutely no ability to follow through on anything.

I also fully believe he had things going on in his life, including what we heard about his son. My heart goes out to him and I hope his son pulled through. But he's disappeared many times, and even when there's a legit reason, if he'd just communicate it people would be far more understanding.

I also believe that the x series was real, at least as a prototype. I seem to recall at one point that he said he'd done a full production run. That I doubt. That's a lot of up front money to shelve without delivering anything.

I do hope he'll open source it, but I have my doubts he will. I am a programmer, though I don't know what it's written in and I haven't done much with embedded systems. I'd certainly love to have a shot to try.

I'm just disappointed. It's such a good product, just ruined by the disappearing acts and constant excuses. At some point I'll probably switch to the FC series, though at this stage the LF is working. It just seems like eventually, it will need some update to keep working with the Axe, and he just won't be there.

I can believe it was hacked. Once. Maybe twice. But if it's still being hacked every time it goes down, he's not doing what's needed to protect it. And the whole "we're working through tickets and are almost caught up!" thing he posts every time seems like it's untrue, or he just has absolutely no ability to follow through on anything.

I also fully believe he had things going on in his life, including what we heard about his son. My heart goes out to him and I hope his son pulled through. But he's disappeared many times, and even when there's a legit reason, if he'd just communicate it people would be far more understanding.

I also believe that the x series was real, at least as a prototype. I seem to recall at one point that he said he'd done a full production run. That I doubt. That's a lot of up front money to shelve without delivering anything.

I do hope he'll open source it, but I have my doubts he will. I am a programmer, though I don't know what it's written in and I haven't done much with embedded systems. I'd certainly love to have a shot to try.

I'm just disappointed. It's such a good product, just ruined by the disappearing acts and constant excuses. At some point I'll probably switch to the FC series, though at this stage the LF is working. It just seems like eventually, it will need some update to keep working with the Axe, and he just won't be there.

At one point Jeff said he had 100 X-Series beta users and after testing made some changes and said they were ready to ship and then you can guess what happened again. I don't believe there were beta testers bc no info has been leaked about them and most touring musicians switched to the RJM Mastermind GT for better support. The X-Series were supposed to sell for around $800. They probably cost under $200 to make, so he could have made a nice profit because they would have been more advanced than the RJM Mastermind GT and FAS MFC-101 and FC's.

If you're used to using a LF+, especially Set List and Song mode or being able to select the menu for Channels ABCD, you may be disappointed in the FAS FC's. I bought 2 FC-12's and sold them a couple days later because they're lacking a lot of features for being so expensive and proprietary. They're also about twice as heavy as a LF+ PRO+.

I recently bought a RJM Mastermind GT 22 and I like the larger displays, quick support replies and a manual for the hardware and editor but I don't like having 3 and 4 rows of foot switches. I'm short so it's extremely hard to keep my balance on one foot and reach the 3rd and 4th rows. I really like the ergonomics of the FAS FC-12 and will definitely buy a couple of them again if they ever add Set List and Song Mode and a menu to select Channels ABCD.

I'm thinking about using the parts in my LF+ to make my own MIDI foot controller using Arduino. Here's the posts I've been following:

Last edited:
If you're used to using a LF+, especially Set List and Song mode or being able to select the menu for Channels ABCD, you will be very disappointed in the FAS FC's.

I would like to speak to this. I've worked with several customers who were delighted with the FC after switching from LF. Perhaps the many benefits offset the few compromises. Perhaps you would consider rephrasing your assertion as, "you MAY be disappointed"

I like the Arduino idea.

Also let me say that BOTH of the features you're asking for ("Channels Smart Menu" and "Song/Set List") are on the roadmap for the FC.

I would like to speak to this. I've worked with several customers who were delighted with the FC after switching from LF. Perhaps the many benefits offset the few compromises. Perhaps you would consider rephrasing your assertion as, "you MAY be disappointed"

I like the Arduino idea.

Also let me say that BOTH of the features you're asking for ("Channels Smart Menu" and "Song/Set List") are on the roadmap for the FC.

I updated my post with better wording. I hope the FC updates come soon. I'll probably buy 4 of them bc I like having access to most of the blocks, channels and scenes in my presets.

I'm always afraid I'm going to break my RJM MMGT22 bc I step on the 3rd and 4th rows with all my weight when I lose my balance.

The 4 x 3 form factor of the LF+ 12+ has worked really well for me. I can get it and two expression pedals on a PT-2/Classic 2, whereas I'd need to go up to the 3 ft version for the FC 12 and the same two pedals. Been thinking about seeing if I can get by with the FC 6, but I did have the LF+ Jr+ before the 12+. I upgraded mainly for silent switches, but really liked having the extra ones too. That said, the page switching mechanism on the FC series looks really slick.

I do use setlist mode and would miss it to some extent. Main thing I use it for now though is just because I never bothered to organize the group of presets I use for church (some are modified factory presets) into one group. If I ever do start playing out more beyond church I'd want setlist mode. For church every week is different and I don't know until I get there, so it really is just about needing the ones I choose from all together. That'd be fixable of course. I've just been lazy.

What kind of issue are you or others here having with the LF? I actually am not on the last version he released. I'd have to fire it back on, but I think it was 6.1x something. It's worked pretty solidly for me with the III.

I used to have an LF+12+. Solid piece of kit - as they say in the UK! it was great unit which only required a minor in computer science to program. I did get help from FAMC to program it until I had a workable system which I was very happy with. It was an upgrade over the MFC because of the strips and the ability to have custom switches per preset.

I was really looking forward to the X series. Really! I was hot on that unit because I KNEW it was going to be awesome. I knew it for 2 years solid! Promises broken, site down, more promises broken, no way to call the company to actually speak to. human being, all led up to ditching the idea.

Entered the FC 12. I don't need anything else. I understand your need for song mode. I know that's coming. But damn! The FC 12 is really a dream for me.

Too bad for FAMC. They really missed the boat!

Last edited:
The X series would have been the perfect layout for me as well. I wonder if FAMC is truly dead and gone if the NDA's the beta testers signed would be null and void? Would be interesting to hear what they have to say and even better be able to buy one off them :sunglasses:

Back
Top Bottom