Update to FAMC / Liquid Foot website

FAMC site is currently still down.
I've got the LF Pro+. I like having 24 buttons. 8 scenes across the bottom, then special tricks on the other buttons. Hell, I was controlling the Axe, Ableton Live and a lighting rig for a while.

You can send up to 20 messages per button press - various midi - PC, CC, Note, Pitch, Pressure. It's light for its size. Excellent unit.

The programming for the end user is very flexible. However under the hood, I wonder if they could have made it simpler. In any case, after not visiting the FAMC site for a while, I wanted to brush up, dive back in and go deeper with my programming. That's when I discovered the recent trouble on the site. Shame that if the company disappears, all we will have is the existing documentation and each other. It would be great if the code were made open source. That Arduino idea seems very interesting.

It's gotta be tough keeping a small company like this going. I hope they pull through. I have had a decent customer experience. My order was fine and on time. I sent a few tickets to customer support after I first got the unit and they were all answered. I sent them my syx file several times and they solved the problem.

After those initial incidents, I mostly used the forum. I must say, GotMetalBoy did a great job helping me out on the FAMC forum. Thanks, man!

Hoping there is a turn for the better for FAMC.

...and the website is back up but the ticket system is still broke so you can't view or reply to any of your tickets.

Here is a link to my shared FAMC LF+ folder in my Dropbox. It contains Firmware, Editor, Manuals and other files.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/heghqmz9onvv948/AAAoMDfXXg4ZTEB7cCsPBnwUa?dl=0

If anyone is having problems getting their LF+ to connect to the Editor in Windows 7 to 10, let me know because I've fixed the issue for multiple people. It usually takes less than an hour to fix using TeamViewer.

...and the website is back up

...and it's back down.

GotMetalBoy, since the FAMC forum is down, I wanted to sneak in a question to you here. On the LF, is there a way to change all of your SONGS at once to Trigger Type: "Arm Only"? The only way apparent to me is to do it by rote on every single song page. That would take a while, especially if I decide to go back to Trigger Type: "Immediately".

...and it's back down.

GotMetalBoy, since the FAMC forum is down, I wanted to sneak in a question to you here. On the LF, is there a way to change all of your SONGS at once to Trigger Type: "Arm Only"? The only way apparent to me is to do it by rote on every single song page. That would take a while, especially if I decide to go back to Trigger Type: "Immediately".

It's been requested but never added, so you'll have to manually change the setting and then transfer to your LF+. I recommend saving your program after every couple changes/minutes, so you don't lose your work if the LF+ Editor freezes and crashes.

It's been requested but never added, so you'll have to manually change the setting and then transfer to your LF+. I recommend saving your program after every couple changes/minutes, so you don't lose your work if the LF+ Editor freezes and crashes.
Hi, thanks for the answer. Yeah, it's backup city over here. But I've never had the editor crash.

One practical thing about LF backups is that you can choose what categories to overwrite. I saved the entire Song list as both "Immediate" and "Arm Only", so I'll be able to go back quickly if I change my mind. ...but yeah, It took a while to change the 130 something songs by hand.

Hi, thanks for the answer. Yeah, it's backup city over here. But I've never had the editor crash.

One practical thing about LF backups is that you can choose what categories to overwrite. I saved the entire Song list as both "Immediate" and "Arm Only", so I'll be able to go back quickly if I change my mind. ...but yeah, It took a while to change the 130 something songs by hand.

You can quickly change song names and each song's presets by using the File Menu > Export and Import. It exports a CSV file spreadsheet that you can make changes to and then import.

I did the same thing as you and set all songs to "Immediate" and only selected songs when saving and then I set all songs to "Arm Only" and only selected songs when saving. If I want to have some songs "Immediate" and "Arm Only" then I load either one of my saved files and then change one of the songs, press the Copy button in the upper left and then paste it to other songs I want to change. I then Export songs, correct the names, nicknames and song presets and then import it.

Being able to import/export is one of the features I wish the RJM MMGT could do

You can quickly change song names and each song's presets by using the File Menu > Export and Import. It exports a CSV file spreadsheet that you can make changes to and then import.

That's right! I forgot about that. That's a time saver. Paste to a whole column on a spreadsheet? Takes one click. Thanks for reminding me.

Hey, one more thing. I am pretty satisfied operating in Set List mode for a show with a planned set list. But for shows where you want to break from the set list, and jump back in, or shows without a set list (or even rehearsals). I find the Set List mode confining.

On the Axe, I have a series of basic presets where each one works for multiple songs, but I also have quite a few song-specific presets. If I'm in a situation where I need one of the song-specific presets, if it's not already on the current Set List (or on any programmed Set List), then I'm scrolling through the Axe trying to find it, and even then, I won't be able to call up my custom-made-for-that-song LF PAGE. (often LF Pages w sonic tricks programmed to the buttons specifically for that song, so you have to have it).

When I first got the LF, I tried to set up a situation where you'd have an index of Axe Presets on the 24 buttons of the LF Pro+. I used LF Presets. This had the advantage of being able to see many Axe Presets at once and quickly pick the one you need. There were certain drawbacks, however, such as the PAGE only allows you to select from the first 60 LF Presets. And there were other glitches as you scrolled through the LF Presets (but from what I recall this may have been during the time FAMC was working out the kinks in the firmware. I have not gone back to this setup since).

After this, I went to Set List mode and never looked back. I just deal with the limitations. But it is still kind of irritating to have to scroll through the Axe during a live show. I'm the singer and guitarist, so it's quite noticeable. I sometimes bring a print-out of my Axe Presets to help find them faster. Every second counts and I'm wanting to have another go at finding a solution for this. Have you had a similar experience?

Huge IF here...if you don't have too many song specific presets, you can make an extra page or two that is nothing but those presets. That way, you could access those pages from anywhere in the setlist and quickly go back to where you were in your setlist.

That's right! I forgot about that. That's a time saver. Paste to a whole column on a spreadsheet? Takes one click. Thanks for reminding me.

Hey, one more thing. I am pretty satisfied operating in Set List mode for a show with a planned set list. But for shows where you want to break from the set list, and jump back in, or shows without a set list (or even rehearsals). I find the Set List mode confining.

On the Axe, I have a series of basic presets where each one works for multiple songs, but I also have quite a few song-specific presets. If I'm in a situation where I need one of the song-specific presets, if it's not already on the current Set List (or on any programmed Set List), then I'm scrolling through the Axe trying to find it, and even then, I won't be able to call up my custom-made-for-that-song LF PAGE. (often LF Pages w sonic tricks programmed to the buttons specifically for that song, so you have to have it).

When I first got the LF, I tried to set up a situation where you'd have an index of Axe Presets on the 24 buttons of the LF Pro+. I used LF Presets. This had the advantage of being able to see many Axe Presets at once and quickly pick the one you need. There were certain drawbacks, however, such as the PAGE only allows you to select from the first 60 LF Presets. And there were other glitches as you scrolled through the LF Presets (but from what I recall this may have been during the time FAMC was working out the kinks in the firmware. I have not gone back to this setup since).

After this, I went to Set List mode and never looked back. I just deal with the limitations. But it is still kind of irritating to have to scroll through the Axe during a live show. I'm the singer and guitarist, so it's quite noticeable. I sometimes bring a print-out of my Axe Presets to help find them faster. Every second counts and I'm wanting to have another go at finding a solution for this. Have you had a similar experience?

I have my Set Lists 124-128 set to Songs 1-254, so I can access all of the songs in the LF+. I only use Set Lists 124-128 when I need to get to a song that I don't have in my main Set Lists that start at Set Lists 001.

...and the website is back up but the ticket system is still broke so you can't view or reply to any of your tickets.

Here is a link to my shared FAMC LF+ folder in my Dropbox. It contains Firmware, Editor, Manuals and other files.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/heghqmz9onvv948/AAAoMDfXXg4ZTEB7cCsPBnwUa?dl=0

If anyone is having problems getting their LF+ to connect to the Editor in Windows 7 to 10, let me know because I've fixed the issue for multiple people. It usually takes less than an hour to fix using TeamViewer.

I’m hoping the site will be back up shortly as I’ve decided to sell my LF+ 12 and having access to the software editor is crucial, but thanks a bunch for hosting this in the meantime to give people access to it.

The website is backup https://www.famcmusic.com and the most recent forum post by FAMC says:

December 10, 2019 3:45 pm
I am aware that a handful of people are upset that our web and support system have been going up and down. It's been a frustrating process for us. We have manually updated our databases and got everything finally working again without internal blocking of admin accounts and database errors.

All open support tickets should now be in process for solution. If your ticket is open from a long time ago, we will see it and have it addressed. We believe we finally have all the data in our system correct and corrected.

DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS forum post. This is informational only.

POSTED 12/10/2019

I received a response yesterday to my most recent ticket created on October 24, 2019 11:12 am regarding that we still can't open or reply to previous tickets. My ticket from May 16, 2019 11:17 am is still pending and haven't received a response.

Here's a copy of the email:
Re: Ticket [13826] : Still unable to open previous tickets to view or reply
FAMC Support Tue, Dec 10, 2019 at 4:03 PM

Your request (#13826) has been updated. To view and/or add additional comments, please log into your account on our web-site and then view your tickets, or reply to this email.

FAMC

December 10, 2019 4:03 pm

---DEC 10, 2019---

Dear friend,

This notice will go out to the email address of those whom have had an open ticket unanswered. Only one message per email will go out, however, if you have multiple tickets open, they will be addressed individually.

This afternoon we have been able to finally get our system and databases up and working properly.

Your support ticket is now available for us to see on our system(s). We apologize for the excessive delay in responding to your ticket. We have had several system level problems that have caused ridiculous delays and issues. Most importantly our email and admin systems went down and we were locked out from gaining access. We had no way to respond or see the support ticket or emails. We had tens of thousands of rogue accounts and data implanted into our systems which further created massive issues. We have rebuilt our databases, added tickets, orders, and other items manually where needed.

You are receiving this ticket update as a first step.

Your ticket will be addressed within a day or two as we finally are able to work the existing tickets. We don't have many tickets left, but we know your tickets are the only ones that matter to you.

Again, we apologize for this enormous delay. We will resolve your issues and answer your questions as soon as we can. We will further be working on a way to make it up to the few people that have been waiting for extended periods of time.

Best Regards,

FAMC

Back
Top Bottom