Update system parameters?

frankiev

Experienced
Im about to update everything . I a little unclear on whether I should "update system parameters" after I update the Axe. Is it necessary?

It was necessary for me and for alot of peolple it seems.
The v6 persets sounded really bad. After reseting sounds great.
It's easy, doen't hurt.

And it's not update it's reset.

It's easy, doen't hurt.

Don't you lose all your midi settings, expression pedal assignments etc? That would be a huge downside for me.

It's easy, doen't hurt.

It was probably just one of the midi ctrl setting. Some of them get set to pedal.

Don't you lose all your midi settings, expression pedal assignments etc? That would be a huge downside for me.

Yes, you loose all of those. If you run in to strangeness globally, you can probably find the offending setting in short order without resetting the system parameters.

Yes, you loose all of those. If you run in to strangeness globally, you can probably find the offending setting in short order without resetting the system parameters.

I did an on board system back up before I loaded 6. Would that back up restore all the midi settings, expression pedal assignments etc after a system re-set or would it just bring back the same problem?

I did an on board system back up before I loaded 6. Would that back up restore all the midi settings, expression pedal assignments etc after a system re-set or would it just bring back the same problem?

If a global setting was an issue, then you would have the same problem.

I just noticed something. When I updated the firmware, I got some strangeness. I looked at the CTRL menu and noticed there were several parameters set to pedal. I corrected them and all was well. I just tested a system reset then restored it back afterward and found that those were not the defaults. So it is a good idea to look at you MIDI CC bypass setting to make sure they are were the should be. A system reset is a quick and dirty way of doing that. However, if you have lots of customized global settings a targeted approach maybe more efficient.

There have been a few occasions in the past years where there was something wrong with my sound, not caused by the loaded preset, and nothing weird (like mismatched controllers) showing in Global or I/O. A System Reset solved it immed. I still think (never verified / confirmed though) it was something under the hood. Initializing the Axe doesn't hurt, as long as the user is aware of the consequences. In many cases settings are easily restored. For ex. I only adjust about 5 parameters in total.

There have been a few occasions in the past years where there was something wrong with my sound, not caused by the loaded preset, and nothing weird (like mismatched controllers) showing in Global or I/O. A System Reset solved it immed. I still think (never verified / confirmed though) it was something under the hood. Initializing the Axe doesn't hurt, as long as the user is aware of the consequences. In many cases settings are easily restored. For ex. I only adjust about 5 parameters in total.

Yes, I know. I am the one that discovered it. That was a particular issue with a version of axe-edit that send bad data. The firmware exposed the issue . The issue was corrected sometime ago. As I said it is a quick a dirty way, but if you have a lot non default CC#, custom scales, etc. a targeted approach maybe more efficient.

At any rate, it is trivial to back up system parameters, reset, and if it doesn't help just restore your old system settings.

As pointed out, if there's a problem deep inside the system parameters, a back up will re-introduce this problem if you load it after reset to default.

Like yek I only have a few parameters that I change and this is the reason why I stick to Ctrl default numbers and program my footcontroller accordingly.

But for those who have alot of settings, global scales, etc. it would be at least some help, if Axe-Edit could export the system bank to a text file, no?
That way you wouldn't have to write everything down by hand (e.g. global scales, controler numbers).
What do you think? Axe-Edit wish list?

Seb

Back
Top Bottom